MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heard today that the 385 will be going into production week 22.

G

·
Flip

Do tell more - is the run pre-production models? Must be if not - I have just wasted buying my 190 as I won't be able to afford to buy a car mid-summer. :( However, I believe there maybe a mixup with models here - well I hope so. :D

I guess if it is the case - then I'll buy a track car - Caterham SEVEN or such. :D

Flip are you sure week 22 is not the start of ZT260 production? Just a thought. :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I said 'are you sure not the 265' and he said no 385 but i will try and find out more.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Week 22 seems feasible enough given the nature of the project - My little mole assures me, however, this is NOT indicative of a impending launch within a month or so. The initial build will be for vehicle line loads, in order to evaluate any adjustments to the assembly methods, and not to mention component scheduling. It is all very well in thoery, but when it comes to real-time, things do change somewhat! It is a radical departure from FWD, so the line must be kept running smoothly as a job which may take longer on ,say, a 385, will not delay track run. there are many operations which have to be factored in before full ramp-up can commence.
The entire vehicle sub-assy has several significant changes (suspension, etc.), and will largely be finished by hand.

G

·
Dave

Of course - building and selling are 2 different things (the new MINI was seen for months around these parts before going on sale). :D

JF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts