MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
List names from those that have said they have one or getting one!

Amended - 30th January 2010
  • Timh
  • pmessling
  • NOCTURNAL - Nick
  • Wileo
  • Jules
  • scooter - Brian
  • philby777
  • MG Mad (Mrs MG)
  • Alicatt - Alistair
  • Steve White
  • colintf - Colin Murrell
  • SH4RKY
  • tonybubble
  • Greeners
  • Martin Reyland
  • Goose - how u doing matey?
  • malkin61
  • John Newey
  • Lowey 260 - 2 of :D
  • AndyG
  • Retread
  • ksilver
  • Steve Childs :D
  • Geoff 11
  • Proto ZT

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Hi Jerry you know you want too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way I have 1 x Suprcharged. 1X 520hp race car,1 x Stripped 385 prototype and TWO complete new V8 bodies. There must be someone out there that can beat that.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Brian - if I could find a good one that hasn't been messed with, I would consider another.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have just bought one of the V8 Development cars VIN 007, an appropriate sister car to my 260 SE, VIN 700.

It's been standing outside since early 2006 and is missing its engine and gearbox (an auto)and quite a bit else, so not an overnight restoraton!!

·
Jetsers Dead
88 Posts
I have just bought one of the V8 Development cars VIN 007, an appropriate sister car to my 260 SE, VIN 700.

It's been standing outside since early 2006 and is missing its engine and gearbox (an auto)and quite a bit else, so not an overnight restoraton!!
Good luck. Sounds like a gutsy move.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Sounds like an opportunity to try a different engine and gearbox LOL
It crossed my mind as did a supercharger, but the plan is to restore back to what it was originally - the first ZT V8 auto, the forerunner of the 75V8. All being well, it will have a little bit more horsepower, maybe 300.

·
Registered
533 Posts
It crossed my mind as did a supercharger, but the plan is to restore back to what it was originally - the first ZT V8 auto, the forerunner of the 75V8. All being well, it will have a little bit more horsepower, maybe 300.
I have a damaged ZT-TV8 that I bought as a breaker with the engine and box still fitted, maybe that would fill the empty hole in your engine bay?

·
Registered
284 Posts
Hi All
It's been a while!

I've still got mine, just hit 40k and due for a service!

Had it since May 2005, bought from MGR with 50 miles onthe clock, and I still love it, problems? Nothing really serious, just a few annoying glitches...

-Condensate leak from AC into the cabin - took a while to find - caprets out to dry them!
-Gearbox and Diff oil seals needed replacing last year.
-Needed to replace the fan slow speed resistor with uprated one.
-My inability to decide if I liked Zero Exhausts or not (back to standard now!)
-My inbility to make rear tyres last more than 7500 miles!
-It randomly ate a ancilliary belt in 2006 but been fine since did not snap but one belt rib had gone
-Tiny bubble of rust on one wheel arch
-Alloys need refurbing - laquer is peeling
-Front MG badge is looking a bit scruffy

I have fiddled about with it a bit:
-Bluetooth Stereo upgrade +amp, speakers and HK sub
-Fitted Accufab bigger throttle body
-Fitted Powershot air filter
-Fitted parking sensors
-Blue LED heater display
-Added pre operation scrimp sound proofing to parcel shelf
-Added pre operation scrimp second horn
-Replaced suspect heater hose
-Added fuel filter clip
-Added Zero exhausts
-Taken them off again
-Added Zero exhausts
-Taken them off again and sold them!

I get about 22-3/mpg on average.

It is a great cruiser and makea lovely noise.

Sell it? Only on the day I can afford a Lotus Evora!

Regards
Spunagain

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have a damaged ZT-TV8 that I bought as a breaker with the engine and box still fitted, maybe that would fill the empty hole in your engine bay?
Hello Martin, Well there's a thought! I am in the midst of acquiring a new engine/auto gearbox, but still would be interested to have a look in case this does not work out. Grateful for more details - Thanks, Tony.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hello Martin, Well there's a thought! I am in the midst of acquiring a new engine/auto gearbox, but still would be interested to have a look in case this does not work out. Grateful for more details - Thanks, Tony.
Its not going anywhere fast so let me know if the new one doesn't work out.

61 - 80 of 94 Posts