MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just read "Guesty"s thread "advice please and noted a comment from "Ritchie"
suggesting that it is a comon fault for water to enter the boot comparment via the rear screen.
Any other members that have similar experience??

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
it tends to be the estates, ie ztt and sometimes they leak around the screen and they end up needing a new windscreen as its quite hard to remove a screen when its bonded in without breaking it,
if you have got a leak id advise you go to a good coachbuilder to check it properly

for more info id suggest maybe the zt and 75 forum as there arent too many zt over here, just had expieriences of them coming through work when i was working with the coachbuilder for a bit

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just read "Guesty"s thread "advice please and noted a comment from "Ritchie"
suggesting that it is a comon fault for water to enter the boot comparment via the rear screen.
Any other members that have similar experience??
Hi,

Yep I got 'damp' in my boot too!

This started when my ZT (saloon) was about 3 years old which after investigation was indeed the rear screen rubber seal - near the bottom corner edges. I simply cleaned area, then applied a thin clear sealant most of the way around - this lasts circa 1.5 years then just renew - Tis the cheaper option of course!

Another area in the boot that leaked was by one of the air vents (hidden behind the left / right side carpet area looking into the boot). The BMW stamped plastic vent popped out and let in some water during a heavy downpour causing small puddle under my spare tyre - I sealed around that too :roll:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys for all your inputs, theres more to the story which I will reveal when the problem has been resolved!!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Try sealing around the rear lights if its a saloon..thats where mine leaked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts