MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
It's about 100 miles from door to Brands. Had to stop twice for petrol in the EVO - a pain and it's SUL.

Made a decision on the way home that I need a "Tourer" again - as the ZT385 is a year away. If I can get the right price for a ZT-T then I'm your man. :D

Spec: ZT190+
Xtras: Zenon - Alcantara - Satnav - Anthracite/Trophy Blue. Aftermarket - darkened back windows.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Is that in addition to the EVO? I would make that Nice garage in Witney your first port of call for availibility, but someone has said the Tourer/ZT-t is proving v.popular at the mo. And how come the Saxo's up fer sale?:confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Dave

Not sure whether I'll keep the EVO until 385 time. However, won't fit the AP brakes (£1750 worth), will place an ad on lancerregister forums. Just depends on prices whether I do anything, will phone "K" before leaving home tomorrow am (flight delayed slightly).

Not pushing the SAXO too much, son takes it for granted though, should have bought something for less cash!

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
The latest - MAX tells me 2 dealers are interested in the EVO - can't wait for them to knock me down - NOT!

Kernahan's returned an e-mail - I think the ZT-T maybe out - too expensive & waiting time. When I say expensive - that's my perception!

What I aim to do is have MAX's Trophy - the 385 and a commuter, that doesn't cost EVO money to run, however as you read my list - I'm a complete loon.

If I can't get rid of the EVO (it wil have to traded against the 385).

In the meantime here's my thoughts.

ZS180 - love the price & performance - have a problem with its time on the street though! Maybe the sensible buy!

ZT190+ - love the shape - not sure about the KV6 performance and the cost is a little high! Anthracite with dark windows and wheels - moody! :D

Civic Type R- it's all been said - although I couldn't live with the shape.

Elise S2 "72" version with 135bhp motos - love it too bits - impracticale. Anoother BLACK car with gold wheels.

6R4 toy - can buy them for 20k GBP's but need a lot of fettling - Dave Appleby is my man (toy car - doesn't make sense) - but that engine!

Ex-Pond TR7 V8 - lots of money - I want it - but it would mean NO 385.

Morgan +8 4.0 lite - available now as people cancel and go for that ****** stupid AERO with *** power! No 385!

MB C-class - V6 sensible power - rock solid residuals (take a look at the figures Autocar are quoting for the MG's - you will be surprised).

That's it for today - who knows what tomorrow will bring - depends on the EVO sale! If I can just get my head around the ZS180 shape - then this could be the bargain of this century!

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ah, Decisions....

ZS180 Trophy blue with big fat wheels and some nice subtle mods would be my choice to hare around in till the 385 hits the streets. Enjoy the 75 shape again when that comes. Would a C Class be as much fun on the trackdays??? I think not. And you never know, with the lower cost of The ZS, this means that a 6R4 could be within your sights as well......;)

G

·
Discussion Starter #8
Well had a serious offer on the EVO - if I let it go - MGR can't deliver a ZT or otherwise until May. Looking at all options! :D :D

Nice drive down from MAN though - except for all the stuff that tries to block you - SPRINTER vans and then you put the hammer down - God the cars madder than me! :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Have you tried further afield.

Local dealers here seem to carry large stocks - suppose it helps being part of a large, multi-franchise group.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like a ZT190+ with those funny blue seats. No ZENON's - will have to fit some PIAA bulbs. Was told they only work on dip.

No SATNAV/DVD - will fit something aftermarket. Sunroof and a spare wheel (that's nice inlieu of some splodge).

Have yet to decide - but I think the answer is YES!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Jerry,
I'm not sure that there is anything Sat-navvy after-market that you can fit to a ZT. Certainly not official and I don't think there's anything unofficial either.

We asked in Sextons when I had my back speakers wired into my R25 (it didn't have any wires, otherwise we would have done it ourselves!) if there was any sat nav system available in double panel for the ZT and they said there were no double panel systems on the market at the moment but that there may well be in the future....

Unless you know of somewhere that does them aftermarket - in which case - hand over that phone number!

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
If I have to get Double Din - should be no problem - had a great Mini CD/Minidisc/Cassette/Radio in the EVO VI!

See

So a SATNAV shouldn't be a problem - maybe a Nakamatchi from Hong Kong! Need to buy the latest "Max Power" under the cover of darkness. :D :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry,

Let me know if you manage to find anything - I certainly haven't been able to find any sat nav systems....

G

·
Discussion Starter #14
Looks as though Kernahans have sold one ZT this week- I've said YES!

Anyone want an EVO VII - now £22900?

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Jerry,

Is it one they've got in stock? I'm probably going over to kernahans tomorrow afternoon so they can have a look at Nats heater dial (unless I manage to turn the temp down myself tonight!)..

If they've got it in the shop, I'll have a nose about while I'm there.... :)

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Aaaaah... What's the full spec then? Drivers pack? Sunroof? no xenons you said, spare wheel is nice. That a spacesaver or full alloy?

Colour?

G

·
Discussion Starter #18
That's about it - not all what I wanted:

Trophy Blue 190+
Base Stereo - Nakamatchi (I think from Honkers) or maybe SONY.
Sunroof - didn't want this - will never use it with Climate.
Part Leather Sports seats - I believe (maybe Alcantara). Could be changed by Kernahan to full leather.
Spacesaver.

That's it - although the ZENON's are not a concern - didn't realise they only worked on dip. So not bothered. Will buy PIAA replacement bulbs.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Nice, will have to compare when you get it...

Anyhows, off to brave the traffic.... :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts