MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was due to take delivery of my ZT-T on the 17th March, but was advised my my dealership, that there was a likely to be a three week slipage on delivery.

The reason for the delay is due to the shortage of "bumpers" for the ZT, ZT-T models.

Is there anyone else on the Forum also experiencing the delivery slipage on their car and how can a manufacturer run out of parts at this important time for the company.

Is there anyone who works for MGR, who can explain the difficulty they are experiencing in producing the ZT range.

The ZT-T is still worth the wait for but a little dissapointing nevertheless.

Regards

Alan

G

·
Alan BC said:
I was due to take delivery of my ZT-T on the 17th March, but was advised my my dealership, that there was a likely to be a three week slipage on delivery.

The reason for the delay is due to the shortage of "bumpers" for the ZT, ZT-T models.

The ZT-T is still worth the wait for but a little dissapointing nevertheless.
Alan

Very disappointing when you have set your heart on the car, but as you say it will be worth the wait. Interesting that MGR have told you why there is a delivery problem. I think they have had the problem before, as I believe the bumpers are precoloured, thus the colour match has to be perfect (certainly true of the ZR models).

·
Registered
98 Posts
I can certainly vouch for that Dave. At our site we probably see around 1500 cars through the workshop on a monthly basis for PDIs, Valets, Disposal Preps and stuff. (I work for an agent of MGR were we operate their demo and company fleets)

During the last month we've PDI'd over 700 new vehicles (just MGR - something in the region of 700 LRs as well), would have been a lot more but for the fact we can't get any ZTs at the moment.

Apparantly the problem is almost over, and customers are just being asked to bear with MGR - it's not their fault, its their suppliers. Demo vehicle requests are sky-high - but even with over 150 ZTs on the demo fleet the average waiting time for any of these cars is over three weeks, and somewhere in the region of 5 weeks for a ZT/ZT-T 190.

Alan, on behalf of MGR I'd like to apologise for your delay... if there was something we could do I'm sure we'd do it.

Cheers,

Ad

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
<on behalf of MGR I'd like to apologise for your delay>
Mg addict can i have an apoligy too ;)
ive been waiting for some t/blue paint and keep getting told theres trouble with a "changeover"
will i get the paint before the rust sets in?:D
kev

·
Registered
98 Posts
ive been waiting for some t/blue paint and keep getting told theres trouble with a "changeover"
Why not, I'm feeling nice... lol

Bearing in mind I don't work for MGR, I just work with 'em!!

Our workshop is crying out for parts.... we've stacks of vehicles awaiting parts with little or no idea exactly when we're gonna get them...

LR parts are due to change over to Cat over the next couple of months... wonder if they're likely to see the same problems?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts