MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
1,048 Posts
It might be worth trying www.lancaster-ins.co.uk and going through their 'quick quote' option. I've struggled to beat my renewal price of £808 from Tesco anywhere else, but Lancaster are quoting £490- ungaraged in Lancashire. :roll:

·
ZT-T V8
66 Posts
Womble said:
This is a superb lot of useful information for someone like me who has only just bought a 260!

One thing that would be really helpful is if you could give an idea, on the insurance quotes, of where in the country those quotes are for, and if the car is garaged?

I live in Epsom, and have a tiddly 30's garage, so have to park on the drive, but with a completely unmodded car, 5yrs NCB, clean 18yr licence, aged 35, no accidents, unremarkable profession etc, etc am struggling to get fully comp below £750!
Hi Womble,
I went with First Alternative last year and they quoted me £540 with car on drive etc etc. I have now changed to a multicar policy with Admiral, the 260 comes out at £415 but obviously taking the other vehicles to them as well makes a difference.

Nich

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Nich said:
Hi Womble,
I went with First Alternative last year and they quoted me £540 with car on drive etc etc. I have now changed to a multicar policy with Admiral, the 260 comes out at £415 but obviously taking the other vehicles to them as well makes a difference.

Nich
Thanks for that! Admiral has come in cheapest so far :) Still a shade over £700, but unfortunately I have to take class 1 business use, as I fly out of Heathrow about 20 times a year on business, and they won't count that as commuting to/from a place of work!!

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
A very good resource. But tell me, how many sites are there now on the web catering for the ZT, 75 and their derivatives?

I fear a major dilution of information.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Great page Spunagain - helpful to soon to ne new owners such as myself.

Womble - I've never had any difficulty adding class 1 insurance at very reasonable cost, though the rates some of the mainstream insurers suggested for my forthcoming zt seemed excessive in comparison to my previous 280bhp Nissan 200sx (surely modifying a car to release more power says at least as much as the power itself?). Adrian Flux currently have my insurance until renewal, but even there the current insurers quote was 650 annual premium off road but not garaged. I'm four decades old:) and live in North Yorkshire.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Hi ZT190
There are loads that cater for the ZT and 75 but very few cater to the specific issues which affect the 260 - there aren't many of us!.

A lot of the information is available elsewhere but it means hours of trawling through threads and searching for bits and pieces.

I have put together the main 260 issues as I see them. I am open to feed back and am happy to make changes if I've got anything wrong or anything needs adding.

I don't think such a concentrated collection of ZT260 info exists elsewhere - if it does let me know and I will link to it!

Regards

21 - 30 of 30 Posts