MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
I love the look of the ZS180 and would have bought it instead of the EVO - except that I thought it may still be thought of as a Rover400/45. What do the currenet owners think of this statement?

I think the The ZS180 is such a good motor with so much power for the money. As said a little while ago - Kev Neals machine on a track day was fantastic.

Real reason for waffling, is that I'm thinking about a ZS180 or Elise in lieu of the ZT385! So that I can keep the EVO - initial plan was to replace the EVO with the ZT385! But the EVO is - so good and the 385 arrives when or if at all! The X80 has already been delayed. :mad:

Hopefully, when the 265 is launched all will ake sense.

·
Registered
388 Posts
...except that I thought it may still be thought of as a Rover400/45. What do the currenet owners think of this statement?
I've no idea whether it is thought of in that way - personally it's what a car is like to drive that influences my purchasing decision. FWIW, I get the impression that car enthusiasts are impressed by what MGR have done to the 45 to get the ZS - whether or not they regard it as a 45 Vitesse.

So that I can keep the EVO
I have to question the logic of getting a ZS180 as a second car to the EVO - however much I love mine. I'm guessing that it's not hugely more economical - I average about 26mpg in mine - tyres are a similar price - albeit they may last a little longer - and it's fundamentally the same type of car. Personally, of the two cars you mention, I would go for the Elise as the second car - for any given journey I think that choosing between the EVO and an Elise would be relatively straightforward. :) Even better though, keep the faith and stick with the ZT385 for a little longer until they've made a definitive statement about the timing of it's launch.

S.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts