MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I've just had a wonderful experience. Had a test drive in a 180. I just can not believe the performance that is on tap. Now I know why Kev Neal keeps carping on about his ZS.

The motor had low down grunt and pulled, and pulled and pulled. There seemed to be no stopping it, it just went. Bags of torque but no real evidence of torque steer. A truely great car.

There is so much difference between my R75V6 and Jerry's ZT190. This car seemed to be so agile and the noise and Db were brill. I want one.

Trouble is I do like my old Barge. Do I replace the wife's R25 with an R25 Impression or do I get her a ZS180 and I go for a ZT190 and or get her a an R25 Impression and I go for the ZS180.

Oh no, what do I do?

Colours: Anthracite or Le Mans Green.

Jim

PS - Well done Longbridge. Fantastic car.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Sounds like when I test drove a ZS 180.

My day to day motoring requirements ended in me getting a ZS 120, but Elaine got a ZR.

Another 2 MG family?

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Which dealer did you visit ? Wrights? Got my R416 from their Gainsborough branch (before it closed), seemed like a good outfit to deal with.

G

·
Get her the ZS180 and you the ZT190. Swop when you need some fun. Ideal track day machine. :D

However, that said after buying the ZT190 I wouldn't buy one. Why, because I wish I'd bought the 180 instead though! I'm really impressed with the ZS180, it's really is a "secret" wolf in sheeps clothing. :(

Which is my next dilemna - what do I replace the EVO with, another EVO? :D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking at the performance figures there doesn't seem to be a big difference in their levels. The ZS180 just seems to be alot faster and agile than the ZT190. Plus the ZS180 is far noisier which makes you smile when you hear the car growl. This car is far more noisier than the ZT, which is a shame.

MGR have got two very competitive cars it might boil down to a flick of a coin.

Jim.

·
Which one shall I drive today?
6,507 Posts
flick of a coin... or budget

G

·
JIM

Who did you use for the "test drive?" Would you use a local dealer or travel back to Kernahans when you decide? :D

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No Passengers Please

When one wants to buy a car I firmly believe that the dealer should let you have the car for a day or so. It gives you time to discover the car and find its limitations as well as attributes.

You do feel uncomfortable with the salesman next to you.

I suppose if my local dealer lets me have a test drive I wouldn't neccessarily buy the car from them. It all depends how switched on the dealers is and what he's prepared to do for me.

Jim

PS - Kernahan have always been "on the ball".

1 - 8 of 8 Posts