MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm averaging 250 Miles on a full tank costing about 35 quid.

How many miles do you get to a tankfull?

·
Registered
521 Posts
Never let the tank get that empty, but closest figure was 261 miles before re-filling and that cost 32 pounds. Have worked the average out each time I top up though, and achieve 30mpg mixed motoring.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Obviously depends how you drive ? but I m getting about 230 -240 out of a tank £33 which equates to about 26 MPG. Mind you I do give it some on a regular basis :D :D just to keep the cobwebs clear.

Mike

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have racked up 1700 miles so far. I get 260 to 285 (yes really) to a tank and have averaged between 26 and 29 mpg from new. My drive to work means no thrashing but the drive home through the lanes allows me to give some welly so these figures are not due to a very light right foot!

Chris.;)

·
Registered
388 Posts
I got ~29mpg while running the car in but, as I was able to open the car up, that dropped to ~26mpg - where it has stayed. :)

S.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
If you can stick to constant and steady 70mph on a long run, on the motorways, then 32+ is achievable.

Does anyone know about the possibility of the fitment of cruise control? I had a long run up the M6 on saturday, with few delays (it was early in the day) I'm sure CC would help to maitain optimum speed!! :D

Kelvin

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Optimax....

Despite recommendations by a Cupra owning friend - a tankfull of Shell Optimax did not improve my economy and this tankload only managed 230 miles.

I really must learn to behave but as someone else said... that V6 keeps urging me on..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts