MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi peeps

Recently got myself a zs180... great car but too quiet so i decided to buy a piperx open cone filter ( yes i know they heatsoak ) but once i fitted it i was disappointed with the sound.. was still quiet with an open cone... used to own a gsi veccy and that thing roared with an open cone filter.

have now reverted back to standard airbox but i really do want to get the kv6 singing... any suggestions as to why the kv6 is so quiet as other v6's i owned really sing with a good open filter fitted.... is it the vis system ?

Purely for example heres a vid of my old gsi fitted with a ramair filter and a letterbox vaux backbox http://www.youtube.com/user/gtbloke?blend=21&ob=5#p/u/28/CPo7M71lPzk the zed sounds nothing like this :(

cheers ppl !

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Why won't either my laptop or my PC show the first post in this thread.

·
It's a big fan
3,218 Posts
I thought it might have been deleted but you could still see the first part on the tooltip preview even though it said 0 replies when there was one :confused:

·
Zedhead
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the replies ppl... yeah i noticed the other day i could not see the post ??? seems to be ok now tho

I have read thru that link but it says nothing about why the zs180 is so quiet even with a piperx cone fitted?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
The Vectra V6 Does sound awesome. I don't think you will get the 180 to sound like that. You can get a nice sound depending on what set up and materials you use. Now I once went out in a Honda S2000 with an american design inlet kit which was made mainly from alluminium tubing. Now that had that lovely deep raspy noise similar to the big beemers. I guess the less silicone hose you use the better?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts