MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chris
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this has been discussed before, but i got a quote from my local mg garage and they want £650 to carry out these works and that's with me supplying the cambelt kit?, i know this is way to much.

who on here offers a same day service or next day, I live in the south so the nearer the better.

Thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Contact Gas-axe on here!
He done my 180 yesterday, took him around 4-5 hours and is a nice top bloke and does it all at a very good price, lives near taunton in somerset. I highly recommend him :yup:

·
Out Of Touch
230 Posts
AA Autosport in Bradford did mine. Charged £562 for all belts (including aux), water pump, tensioners and thermostat. Left the car with him for 1 day and no problems with job.

Did have an issue though which has not been resolved. Been reluctant to post anything but i think i have been patient enough. Basically, the power steering hose was not re-attached properly after the job and was left dangling low, and rubbed on the driveshaft, after 3 weeks or so it wore through and developed a leak. The hose cost me £40 to get fixed. I emailed them about it and they offered to pay the £40 without me having to ask to cover the hose. I was impressed, but am still waiting for the cheque over 2 months later.

The guy who did the job, Adrian, really was a nice guy, we chatted about rovers etc for a while, and he obviously knew his stuff. As for the work done i can't really fault it, its just a shame this incident has left a bad taste in my mouth.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Russel is proberbly your man, he offers a mobile service and is based in Kent - not used him myself but many have.

Can't find the link just now, will look again later.

James

·
Registered
951 Posts
Contact Gas-axe on here!
He done my 180 yesterday, took him around 4-5 hours and is a nice top bloke and does it all at a very good price, lives near taunton in somerset. I highly recommend him :yup:
After reading your other thread, I've got to give you the opportunity to point at me and laugh when I tell you that it took me that long to get the dipstick tube out of mine at home :D

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
"That" dipstick tube! lol Fine when it's all shiny & new, complete pain in the arse when 5/6/7/8 yrs old!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts