MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Having sold my ZS to get something different ... so I bought a Rover Coupe (!!) and have realised what my head was telling me (but I chose to ignore it), that it wouldnt be big enough and so its proven to be. Fortunately the condition of it has meant I have had no problem finding a buyer (a work colleague). Now I have to get a replacement with 5 seats. I have looked at different cars but too boring!! I keep looking at ZS's and ZT's so maybe it means I want another MG!

It must preferably be trophy blue, with under 80k miles, service history, I would prefer a saloon with straights and full bodykit and manual although a hatchback with same straights and bodykit would still be considered. I would consider XPG but thats it. Oh, and budget is 2k, no more. There are and have been a few about recently but I seem to be one step behind as they are all sold by the time I call (thats despite me looking every day and night). As much as I would like a 180 Im afraid running costs dismiss them for me, so 1.8 or 1.6 is the way to go.

Im in Oxfordshire so dont want to travel silly miles unless the car was fitting the criteria and the bodywork was good.

I went to view one this week, was told it had no dents and was excellent. this was local to me. turned out that he had fixed the head gasket but left the tappets sounding like a worn out diesel plus there had been a major dent in the door but he had obviously pushed it out leaving the creases in.

So, can anyone help?? Here's hoping!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi mate after reading your statment i believe the car i am selling is what you looking for, its mgzs 1.8 2002 plate done 80,000 miles had the head gasket and cam belt done 4 months ok nice and clean in & out no dents you be please off the car, i have got a profile on swapz with pics on the need more info email me on [email protected]
thanks darren.

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
And this weeks winner of "shortest time without a Zed" is....

(Mine sounds like it pretty much fits the bill, but you'd have to offer a lot more to prise it out of my mitts - good hunting though)

·
Its a V8 user thing...
2,122 Posts
Get a V8 :) silly money at the moment. People suffering the green gilt.

Having sold my ZS to get something different ... so I bought a Rover Coupe (!!) and have realised what my head was telling me (but I chose to ignore it), that it wouldnt be big enough and so its proven to be. Fortunately the condition of it has meant I have had no problem finding a buyer (a work colleague). Now I have to get a replacement with 5 seats. I have looked at different cars but OMG aren't they all soooooo boring!! I keep looking at ZS's and ZT's so maybe it means I want another MG!

It must preferably be trophy blue, with under 80k miles, service history, I would prefer a saloon with straights and full bodykit and manual although a hatchback with same straights and bodykit would still be considered. I would consider XPG but thats it. Oh, and budget is 2k, no more. There are and have been a few about recently but I seem to be one step behind as they are all sold by the time I call (thats despite me looking every day and night). As much as I would like a 180 Im afraid running costs dismiss them for me, so 1.8 or 1.6 is the way to go.

Im in Oxfordshire so dont want to travel silly miles unless the car was fitting the criteria and the bodywork was good.

I went to view one this week, was told it had no dents and was excellent. this was local to me. turned out that he had fixed the head gasket but left the tappets sounding like a worn out diesel plus there had been a major dent in the door but he had obviously pushed it out leaving the creases in.

So, can anyone help?? Here's hoping!!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Well, i purchased the ZS at the weekend. Travelled all the way to Hull nervously hoping it would be fine.

I had nothing to worry about. The car was good. Not perfect by any means, but nothing that cant be sorted in time. I was originally interested in this car two months ago but it was out of my price range. The previous owner wanted £3,500. I kept in touch with him though and eventually I got it £900 cheaper! The previous owner was perfect to deal with, very honest and easy to get on with. Even picked me up from the station.

So the car ... its a 120+ petrol saloon with full bodykit including big spoiler. This was important as it was the specification I was looking for. I was also originally looking for a diesel but in the end gave up due to either a lack of them, or too expensive. Its got full service history, 10 months mot and taxed so cant complain. the interior is the half leather and grey "whatever you call it!" material. Even has rear headrests.

What surprises me is how smooth it seems compared to the hatchbacks, just feels a better balanced car. Probably not, but just my view on it.

So, there you go, Im very happy with this car. Not the original plan I have to say, in fact, some would say I have gone full circle and is typical of me, but no worries. Perhaps it highlights how good these cars actually are and you have to leave them (albeit briefly) to appreciate them more.

Also, just a note on National Rail. I went on three trains from Bicester to Hull, all three were on time to the minute (a 4 hour journey), cant praise them enough.

05 plate, july 2005 registered.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts