MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
howdy ! new to the forum and got a few questions about my mg zs, its currently a 1.6 k series at the moment and couldn't pull your fore skin back:yawn: , a had a kv6 zs last summer and couldn't afford the insurance so got rid of it but i am thinking about either getting a doner zs 180 and doing a conversion with that but i would really like to do a turbo conversion to be honest as its something a bit different, i can pick up a old 620 turbo doner car for £300 quid and i could use the hubs,brakes, shafts from a rover 400 but i am just wondering whats involed with wiring and ecu (not my strong point) , i am sure some 1 out there could give me some info on this that would be great.... is a just a case of using the 620 loom and ecu keyfobs ect.. or i am thinking there will be a lot more to it :dunno: . cheers :)

·
Got the MG bug bad...
1,307 Posts
Welcome along mate, wiring wise if you contact Ade at AAautosport in Bradford and giving him the spec you have to do you conversion he can make a loom for you and send it to you.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Hi and welcome

A 180 will be cheaper on insurance than a T16 ZS.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheerz guys.. have u ever dealt with aaautosport ? what kind of money do you think will be involed for them to make me a wiring loom... as for insurance a was going to wait until i turn 21 then declare it to the dvla so my insurance will have went down a bit by then... which is in 6 months time so hopefully either turbo or kv6 it will be finished by then lol !

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have had a second thought about insurance and think this is goin to be a issue :( .. think i might just tune the 1.6 k until i can afford to run and keep up with all you kv6 owners again and just buy one instead of messing about with a conversion.. was just an idea :( lol

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'll sell you a v6 engine, box, mounts, loom etc. have them up for sale In 2-3months. I'm doing 220 t16 into a zs. Got most bits now, just look and coolant pipes to source.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts