MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
pricey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have £1500 to spend tuning/modding my zs i already have the cda induction kit, new plugs, ignition leads, janspeed cat and a amg back box that i might change but do sound good ;) has anybody got any ideas what effective mods i could do with my budget ? is a remap worth considering? i was also thinking of coilovers cheers.

·
Registered
407 Posts
can't comment on the flywheel.. but the ATB would get my vote as well,

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Lightweight flywheel & ATB diff would be my choice (biased slightly lol)
i agree, though i may trade the flywheel in favour of the best tyres you can get.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
You would need to spend a lot more than £3K to see any real return in terms of extra power. For £1k you could do up the suspension and for the other £500 get a good set of tyres. The V6 is very hard to get extra power out without spending a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Save the remap until last to tie everything else in togeather.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
I would go for an ATB and lightweight flywheel makes the car feel so much different, and you will be able to plant the power!

If you do the above get some decent tyres if your budget can stretch that far. cool2

Love the wheels by the way, they look wicked..... :yup:

·
Audi S4 500HP
6,659 Posts
I would go for an ATB and lightweight flywheel makes the car feel so much different, and you will be able to plant the power!

If you do the above get some decent tyres if your budget can stretch that far. cool2
Great minds cool2

·
pricey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys thanks :) would a flywheel be hard to fit on the driveway considering i havnt much experiance in mechanically although i do have mates that would assist ? would it be a good idea to get a new cluch at the same time? thanks

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
just clear up is this a k4 or a kv6, yes its tricky to do a flywheel without a ramp, also you might as well change the clutch as well while the box is out

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
ok guys thanks :) would a flywheel be hard to fit on the driveway considering i havnt much experiance in mechanically although i do have mates that would assist ? would it be a good idea to get a new cluch at the same time? thanks
Have a word with Rally Matt, he is the best guy too sort out your flywheel and lsd. Yes it would be a good idea to fit a new clutch, it also depends how many miles your zed has done? :)

·
pricey
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just clear up is this a k4 or a kv6, yes its tricky to do a flywheel without a ramp, also you might as well change the clutch as well while the box is out
it's the kv6 is the Sheddists Clutch Kit best?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts