MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of buying a MG ZS 120, I am worried that there is a new shape or model just around the corner that will be released? I have heard rumours and thought you guys could set my mind straight?:confused:

G

·
Paul

Welcome to the board. Firstly take a look under Goosip on the ZS sub page on the main site - then browse the new 45 threads. I think you will find the car won't be here until 2004 at the earliest. Maybe MGR would like to think it will, but I doubt it - also take a look at the TCV sub forum - this could be the new 45. :D

I agree that the basic 400/45/ZS has been around for a while, but MGR are still developing the car. Furthermore, there is an "Ultimate" version somewhere around the corner, rumoured to be 230bhp.

Also, take a look at the Monogram scheme just brought in - you can do anything to change the look of the car. So don't be afraid - you know it makes sense - decisions - which colour - I like Anthracite and Solar Red followed by Trophy Blue on the ZS series.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well first of all thanks for the prompt reply! I have chosen Trophy Blue, I have also added the bib spoiler side skirts leather interior and 17's the idea being that it has the looks of a 180 but the insurance rating of a 120 :) - Its good to hear that the new shape is rumoured for 2004 ish that means many years happy motoring knowing mine is the current model. :p

·
Registered
113 Posts
Paul
I wouldnt worry.
I got my ZS120+ in December and I still find myself driving along thing yup this is fun
You wont be disapointed

G

·
The ZS - handles period - don't be afraid in buying one. I've met Kev Neal through MGR and I've seen his standard ZS180 beat TT's - Audi S3's and dare I say it Scoobies. :D (but not EVO's :D).

The car is the performance car of the decade - VERY close to buying one myself in anthracite or a ZT-T in the same colour (maybe Monogram)! April you will know - how can I not have an MG! If there is any doubt - there's none - BUY ONE - you will not be disappointed! :D :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I can only agree with what has already been said. The ZS handles like a dream. Even with the 120 the performance is great.

G

·
Kev

I know the ZS180 is good, but there is a limit. An EVO in std form makes 280bhp - are you sure you didn't dream the "P" reg EVO? :D

If I still have mine on the trackday, then I'll let you follow me to keep your dream alive. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.