MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Previously Owned a ZS180 MK2
1,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to replace the nearside rear door on my MG ZS180 due to some rust having developed underneath the rear arch trim piece. I have never seen a ZS suffer this before, I presume it was a bad prep job at the factory when the car was made ??? ...I have had the car since it was 18 months old. Certainly no door damage and repainting in the time I had it. Just the door card to put on now and to replace the trim piece. Anyone else know of rust developmental in this area?

Attachments

·
Commission Number 000744
2,651 Posts
Wonder if the trims been knocked off somehow, loosening the paint, then stuck back on?
One of my rear doors was going a touch at bottom, damp had snook under the flange sealer. Thats the worst bit on mine.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
OMFG! that is bad considering the age etc. Must have been some unspotted defects when it left the factory? Maybe all MK2 owners should check around the body kits for any sings of rust.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I'm wondering if someone early in the cars life stuck that on with ordinary silicone sealant, it is very corrosive, I think it has Acetic acid in it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts