MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
ive got a problem,mrs neal reversed out the garage yesterday and forgot to open the garage door all the way.we have a nice 10inch scratch on the roof now :mad:
also, a creaking noise is coming from under the dash around the peddle area on exceleration and braking but disappears when the car is up and running steady.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
to give you a idea of the difference in performance between the 180 & VII at the end of the straight that was just over a quarter mile i was doing a tonn,jerry was hitting 120 and braking later-but not much :D
btw jerry, have you looked at scoobynet and the saxo forums? their not happy about last nights driven,they think it was fixed :D

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
I am at a complete loss about how to solve the one problem that I have with my ZS.

During the week I have to leave it parked outside school whilst I am inside teaching.

I know that I should be in the car driving it - but how?

:confused: :confused: :confused:

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
kevin neal said:
to give you a idea of the difference in performance between the 180 & VII at the end of the straight that was just over a quarter mile i was doing a tonn,jerry was hitting 120 and braking later-but not much :D
btw jerry, have you looked at scoobynet and the saxo forums? their not happy about last nights driven,they think it was fixed :D
yes, there's about 7 or 8 seconds between them in the 0-100

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Problems

Not sure if it's just mine but when breaking at speeds over about 50mph that ABS is shaking the stearing wheel' at sppeds higher than 70mph my arms start to shake with it. Took it to a kwick fit kind of place and after they checked it out said I should go see my dealer. Strange thing is if I jam on the breaks real hard then it stops.

Had no bumps or knocks to the wheels.

Anyone else had the problem or is it just me.

I picked up a thread today, Pipercross have a new induction kit for the 180 they state it gives a few extra BHP but the sound is a real grin factor. Cost is £130 ish, I think it's a bit much for a howl myself but hey.

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Problems

http//www.moto-build.com/zs.html

This was the site for the induction kit.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
>also, a creaking noise is coming from under the dash around the peddle area on exceleration and braking but disappears when the car is up and running steady.<
i discovered what the noise was today-not the peddles...............
it was the seat belt connector rubbing on the side of the seat.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Duff Radio reception!

The kenwood CD headunit seems to have problems keeping hold of a good FM signal so the guy in the store who are fitting a CD changer and sub next week are gonna have a look at it -but they said they have had problems with Rover 75 aerials in the past.

Any other ZS owner finding they are getting a bad FM reception?

I've noticed that reverse gear is particularly noisy too - particularly when reversing around corners... not sure whether it's something to worry about or not.

I've only had the car 2 weeks (5k on the clock)

It's blue, shiny and awesome.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
FM reception problems are a noted problem of the Kenwood range, and are not really down to the car. But do perform some basic checks, such as the connector and aerial earth. If still problematic, then I'd suggest some inline amplification.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Did I speak too soon?

Came to start my ZS180 at lunchtime (in the first heavy rain since i got it 3 weeks ago) and it sounded a bit 'rough'

Going home this evening and it still sounded rougher than usual so I turned off all the other noisemakers and sat stationary and revved it to 2000 revs... I have a definite vibration and it doesnt sound as sweet as usual.

i don't know enough to know whether it's a misfire or something but I think I'm gonna have to take it into a local MG dealer for a 2nd opinion.

Great. :(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Diagnosis:

After a prelimenary investigation a Rover engineer decided my lovely MG was developing a misfire.

They are going to pick it up from my workplace next tuesday - have a thorough inspection and drop it off back to me by 5pm.

Not bad....... so long as they can fix it!

·
Registered
263 Posts
I only got tuesday...

Because of a cancellation - otherwise I was told a WEEK on tuesday.

My local MG dealership is closing down and merging with another one nearby so their workshops were closed.

Looks like we'll be relying on my fiancees SMART car for transport this easter weekend as I don't want to risk driving mine much further with a misfire. I was told it could pollute the CAT.

·
Registered
263 Posts
It's not a misfire.

Apparently my ZS that has done only 5k has a broken engine strut-brace bush. Only problem is that they don't have one in stock and Rover can't even quote a date when they can get one.

In the meantime I've been told that if I want to carry on driving I have to 'take it easy' as the engine is a bit 'loose'

I'm sure people who own or have driven a 180 can understand how difficult it is to 'take it easy' in such a car.

*sigh*

·
Registered
84 Posts
Re: Duff Radio reception!

UoTegne said:
I've noticed that reverse gear is particularly noisy too - particularly when reversing around corners... not sure whether it's something to worry about or not.
Hmm.....mine is noisy in reverse as well - and the fm signals are a bit on the weak side :-(

·
Registered
263 Posts
Argh. It's still not fixed

Rover dutifully collected my pride and joy yesterday morning and returned it to me shortly after lunchtime.

Shortly after collecting the keys I received a phonecall from their Service Department.

They hadn't done the work because they claim the wrong part was in the box when they opened it.

So Now I have another weekend of 'taking it easy' until they can (hopefully) fix it next week.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts