MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my zs v6 180 is having problems. when its cold i start it and it just cuts out straight away. im having to press accelerator to keep it running until warm then its fine. can anybody help???? also the siren randomly goes off while im driving, not the alarm just the siren???? help lol

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I've got a derv so not much help I'm afraid, but reading on here, I know the throttle body can get contaminated by oil. Might help to take it off and clean it up.

Have you put a reader on it and check if any faults have been logged up. might show if a sensor is down.

I did a quick search and found this, that shows the number of faults that can turn up:-

http://forums.xpowerforums.com/showthread.php?t=54460&highlight=throttle+body.

Is it a MK2 you can get "soggy sounder", this is where water gets into the sounder unit, fitted under the coolant bottle. Had it on mine.

Its a matter of splitting it drying it out and resealing and hopefully it will be cleared.

Best of luck with it, hopefully someone that knows the V6 will come along and help.

:wave:

·
Registered
731 Posts
don't know much about the alarms, and it may be that, but may be the idle air control valve which is where the little pipe on the intake attches to.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Follow the rubber hose up from the air filter and you'll find a small pipe branching off into the idle air control valve. Sounds like it needs a clean.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
had the same problems with mine, alarm is water in the sounder under coolant tank, easy fix dry it out and seal it bk up :) the cutting out could be the cam shaft sensor may need a clean

1 - 6 of 6 Posts