MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just putting some feelers out to gauge interest. Hope it's not breaking any forum rules!

As I posted a few weeks ago, I've lost my only immobilizer key and hence no means of entry or starting the vehicle.

The car is a 2004, 04 plate Silver MK2 Zed 180 with 53K on the clock.
I'm only the 2nd owner having bought the car in 2005 and I've been a member of this forum since. I would seriously still be driving it if it wasn't for the cost of replacing the key/immobilizer and the fact that I may be falling foul of London's emission zones where I live quite soon. So really not viable for me to put her back on the road. Not happy at all to lose her, but all good things..etc.

I don't wanna say anything else in case I'm not allowed to advertise on this forum. Let me know mod.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Just putting some feelers out to gauge interest. Hope it's not breaking any forum rules!

As I posted a few weeks ago, I've lost my only immobilizer key and hence no means of entry or starting the vehicle.

The car is a 2004, 04 plate Silver MK2 Zed 180 with 53K on the clock.
I'm only the 2nd owner having bought the car in 2005 and I've been a member of this forum since. I would seriously still be driving it if it wasn't for the cost of replacing the key/immobilizer and the fact that I may be falling foul of London's emission zones where I live quite soon. So really not viable for me to put her back on the road. Not happy at all to lose her, but all good things..etc.

I don't wanna say anything else in case I'm not allowed to advertise on this forum. Let me know mod.
Price and location please

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello again all.

I'll post photos & additional info in a few days. The photos won't be very good as the car is in a dimly lit garage and I only have a mobile phone camera but I'll do my best. Also, I can't get inside the car as I don't have the key. Just need to re-emphasize this because it has implications for taking the car away. The car is disabled and immovable. Also, the doors are locked. Even if you were to jimmy the lock open and get inside, you might need to break the steering lock in order to roll it into a position where it can be loaded on a recovery vehicle. Unless you're planning to replace the locks and immobilizer 'in situ' and drive it away (unlikely!) then you will need an appropriate recovery vehicle. I'll also post some photos of the garage to show the access limitations.

The car is in South West London.

I'm just giving you all this advance info now so I don't waste anyone's time. I don't have a price to quote you at the moment. It depends what the car is worth to someone who is serious about owning it. I'll take offers based on that.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Here are the photos as promised. I have to shift this car in a hurry now as I need the parking space.

As you can see below the skirting has broken away from the rail and sustained some damage. It broke off taking a piece of the wheel arch trim with it. Was parking on long grass and didn't see a low post.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just a few more details about the car.

MOT ran out late last year around the same time as I lost my key and the car's been sat in the garage since. I've got most of the MOT slips for mileage verification purposes except I can't find the very last slip at the minute.

Service history, too few too mention. I've taken care of the essentials like Oil changes etc.

It's been a super reliable car and my only breakdown was when the clutch slave cylinder popped. As a result it now has Black Ice clutch hydraulics fitted. The only other problem prior to being garaged was a leaking thermostat housing which needs to be changed.

All heating/ AC controls working perfectly. Doors, electric windows/ mirrors all ok. Basically, everything that should work does work. Oh, and it has 1 new Tyre!!

Obviously, as the car can't be started, buyer must assume he/she is buying "as seen".

Cheers.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts