MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am currently building a ZS 180 for the Britcar Series and have enquired about heated front screens. Is anyone interested in having one as I can get them made but the order is 10 minimum. The cost would be around £190 and this is for the screen only. Any switches or wiring would be extra.

I am happy to have 3 so I am looking for 7 others to buy one.

Alternatively, if anyone knows of any for sale else where, please let me know.

Thanks

Simon

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
who would be making them?

i know it was never an option, ford own the patent right for front heated screens

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Patent runs out on their design this or next year I think. Interesting idea, I'm not in any position to express interest in it though :(

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
Interesting - what are the options on tinting etc.

Wiring shouldn't be too difficult, they have info on the website.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
These will be made to order so tints will be possible. As for spec, its for motorsport so they will be as good if not better. All screens are laminated for instance. The ones on the ZR are very good quality.

·
Registered
976 Posts
what spec you running the brit car at? you using the v6? any idea what weight youre going to try and get down to?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its going to be fairly mild as far as the engine is concerned. About 225 BHP with exhaust, cams, induction and standard ecu chipped. The idea is to be reliable and as many standard parts as possible to keep costs down. I hope to get it some where near 950kg.
The ZR with the 1800 in it was around 910kg.
I am having the shell dipped to remove all the crap from it. That should help alot.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
I might well be interested in one.

It would be worth posting on the mgzs.co.uk and zs central to help get the numbers up

·
Registered
976 Posts
Its going to be fairly mild as far as the engine is concerned. About 225 BHP with exhaust, cams, induction and standard ecu chipped. The idea is to be reliable and as many standard parts as possible to keep costs down. I hope to get it some where near 950kg.
The ZR with the 1800 in it was around 910kg.
I am having the shell dipped to remove all the crap from it. That should help alot.
good stuff! keep us posted with the build!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
if you do get them made i would probably buy one, tbh id think 10 of them would sell easy if you put them on other forums too

·
Wrote off but not Dead YET !!!
4,803 Posts
this company is only down the road from me, didnt even know they did that stuff!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts