MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, hope this thread has'nt already been created.

Anyone have any advice on modified slave and master cylinder kits for a mgzs 2.5 180, im suffering the typical high pedal, impossible to engage 1st and reverse? im told its becase the standard parts are plastic and break/burst?

So do i just replace them from my local mg parts supplier or???

Thanks for any help you can offer

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You need to contact Sheddist on the forum, he sells a much improved kit using I think Honda parts.

·
Registered
125 Posts
If you get the Sheddist kit you won't be disappointed, fitted mine a few weeks ago and very happy

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone for a quick reply, I have private messaged sheddist so now just waiting for a reply, I have heard that he is a very busy man. I had read somewhere about these kits before and everyone has said what a transformation it makes, I'm looking at buying a saloon zs 180 as I likes the one I got for the missus so much, and no doubt that will need a kit too!
I'm pleased I signed up on here now, you all certainly know your mg's, solution to a problem in less than a couple of hours lol. Cheers :)

·
Registered
559 Posts
will sheddist kit heal problems with reverse and 1st gear change? My master and slave is still oem and works fine . (knock knock) but sometimes problem with reverse shifting.

·
Mk1 ZS180 Saloon XPG
341 Posts
will sheddist kit heal problems with reverse and 1st gear change? My master and slave is still oem and works fine . (knock knock) but sometimes problem with reverse shifting.
Has the gearbox oil ever been changed (due at seven years but no harm in doing it sooner). Mine was difficult to get into reverse but had the oil changed at seven year service as per schedule and it has worked fine ever since.

A tip for prolonging the life of the oem clutch mechanism. Don't sit at the lights with the clutch in and your foot on the brake as many seem to do in their rush to get away. The system is under pressure and this practice surely can't do it much good.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Try greasing the master and slave cylinder push rods. I found this helped a lot with the gear changes whilst I was waiting for a kit.:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts