MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto Express has done a rundown of the best cars of the last decade, with a few different categorys! Well the MG ZS features in two top tens, Handling and Performance. Knew the car was great!

The fact that we beat the RX-8 at performance has really ****ed off my mate!

Be proud people!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Whats your mate so upset about? And having sat in an 04 plate RX-8 last week, I can only say that Im really impressed with the interior quality.
Ha he feels that he should be better in the performance because he has more horses under the lid. Still kick his arse off the line, I must agree that the RX-8 is a very well made car.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Ha he feels that he should be better in the performance because he has more horses under the lid. Still kick his arse off the line, I must agree that the RX-8 is a very well made car.
Yeah but isnt the torque pants due to the ****el engine? BHP wins brags torque wins drags, or so they say.

Edit: Cant say W4nkel. :lol:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Aye, I did notice that when I was in that RX-8 the other week, couldn't pull the skin off a rice pudding; it has a nice linear power delivery (unlike certain MGs I can think of...) but everything was at the top end. None of this crusing at 30mph in 5th gear that Im so fond of. Apparently theres also an issue with the engine flooding?

Have to say though, I dont believe a thing I read in AutoExpress (especially their "New pictures of desirable, hyped up new car!" which then state in the text of the article "here is autoexpress' photoshop of what the car MAY [but probably won't] look like!" articles), and this is no exception; where's the Honda Integra on the handling list?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Haha fantastic news.

But the RX-8 beat the ZS at handling, so that one all, whats your mate so upset about? And having sat in an 04 plate RX-8 last week, I can only say that Im really impressed with the interior quality.
try sitting in a new one, interiors lovely

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have to say though, I dont believe a thing I read in AutoExpress (especially their "New pictures of desirable, hyped up new car!" which then state in the text of the article "here is autoexpress' photoshop of what the car MAY [but probably won't] look like!" articles), and this is no exception; where's the Honda Integra on the handling list?

Some stuff I read in it does make me chuckle and raise an eyebrow, but this list is made with customers experiences in the driver survey, there is (as far as I know) no personal input from the mag so I feel it's a bit more reliable. Having said that where is the Lotus Elise, they handle very well....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts