MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi;

Mk2 ZS180 2005 - wife noticed this morning that the speedo was not working (when doors did not auto lock after she moved off). Not had time to check anything closely yet. Can anyone on the board just confirm the info I have tracked down so far.... seems to be some discussion and difference of opinion on models. Also is it a common fault on ZS/400?

1) Could be a radio related issue with the speed sensor (orange/white wire plug 1). I HAVEN'T TOUCHED THE RADIO AT ALL SO THIS IS DOUBTFUL.

2) Could be a fuse - (Quote: Fuse 15 of the passenger compartment fuse box (C0583) provides an ignition feed to the speedometer (C0233) on a Y wire)

3) The speedometer does not run from a gearbox transducer (like earlier Rover/MG vehicles) but rather it is Quote: "provided a pulsed voltage signal from the ABS ECU (C0506) on an O wire". IS THIS REAR OFFSIDE? AND WHEREABOUTS / WHAT DOES IT LOOK LIKE? - ANYONE POSTED ANY PICTURES BEFORE? COULD IT BE A BAD CONNECTION / PLUG NEEDS CLEANING? .

4) Faulty head unit i.e. speedo itself. THIS SEEMS UNLIKELY TO ME, NOTHINGS BEEN OUT/DISTURBED AND THE CAR ISN'T THAT OLD. MY WIFE SEEMS TO THINK THE TEMP GAUGE DID NOT WORK INITIALLY THIS MORNING BUT WITHOUT BEING CONDESCENDING TO HER THIS MAY HAVE BEEN BECAUSE THE CAR WAS COLD ( I.E. IT DID NOT MOVE UNTIL THE CAR HAD WARMED UP) ITS WORKING NOW AND SO IS THE REV COUNTER AND EVERYTHING ELSE AS FAR AS I CAN SEE.

Thanks as always

P

1 - 1 of 1 Posts