MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi ppl just got back from having the zs180 remapped by matt reidy and OOOOH yes ive now got 200bhp and 170ft-lb
wot a dif it has made to drive it, there no real dif in 1st but 2nd is out of this world plus so much faster and smoother, 3rd/4th have more grunt and 5th just dont stop pulling you and to top it off i did a all round trip of 320miles at 80 mph plus the car was taken up to a high speed on the roller 5times and when i got back got 33mpg
well happy every1 with a zs 180 should have thisdone best £220 you will ever spend cant stop :smile1:
i would post a pic of the chart but my S**T cam just dont pic up the read out will try and get one sort for all to see

Green cotton air induction kit relocated lower down away from the rad
decat pipe
janspeed s/s middle pipe
and custom back box
NGK IRIDIUM plugs

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Re: zs 180 remap resualts

What mods you got and what did it get on the rollers before the remap?

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts

what power did the car make before re map, looks to be about 192, so youve gained 8 bhp at the top end and about 5 bhp midrange.
Torque gain looks impressive till you study the scale, lol.
Nasp tuning sucks.

·
Banned
2,861 Posts

Looks like that has a vis issue as well !

The torque graph has more hills than the Himilayas !

The zs had std 177ftlb torque !

Pointless having a remap when there are vis issues present.

I would have done a health check on the rollers first and then gone from there.

We used to see the odd one or 2 zs`s achieve 200bhp with our stage one remap. Wirlys was one of them.

So 200bhp isnt exactly breaking news !

G

·
12,325 Posts

george is right vis issues are obvious which made mapping pointless.
I have never known a zs make 192 with just induction and a de cat, 185 would be considered healthy for them mods imo, id like to see it run on some different rollers to confirm the claims, imo it is now possibly 192 bhp.
To put a gain of 8 bhp into perspective, if you were to do a standing 1/4 mile drag, that 8bhp would gain you just about 1 tenth of a second, 0.5 mph speed increase and 3 metres of tarmac.
You would have gained far more by buying a lightweight flywheel or even just dropping from 45 profile tyres to 40 profile.
Nasp re maps are pointless unless you have serious cams and throttle bodies etc.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)

had vis motor tested a week ago at an mg garage all are working fine but i know it faster and run better than ever so F**K it plus you wasnt there george and your just ****ed of cos i warned not to buy the super charger off you and you lossed a sale of £1350 and every other remap the guy had done had same sort of torque cruves

·
Registered
59 Posts

"Whoops"....
I thought it sounded pretty good tbh..any loss when you put the cat back on? Hows tickover at idle etc??

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

it tick ova at 800 rpm and if it down o torque then i cant say why but another guy i know who has the same mods as me got these before and after remap by the same guy
Mr X
190bhp and 165 ft-lbs torque before
199bhp and 171ft-lbs torque remapped

roverdave
191bhp and 162ft-lbs torque before
200bhp and 170ft-lbs torque remapped

and i have read and seen a post else where that and guy hand his standard 180 checked on a power run and only made
170bhp and 155ft-lbs torque and have also been told this by a mate who work for mg on the xpower side of things but wot do i know

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

yep but wouldnt let then near the car as it just an upload where mine was played around with to get the best from the engine while on the rolin road superchips you drive in they upload info you drive out where this guy matt spent ova an hour tweeking it and that why it made 200 bhp and 170 ft-lbs plus the fueling is bang on now

·
Registered
59 Posts

Sounds good value when you put it like that,I thought some of the superchips suppliers had rolling roads too? Buy an hours rolling road use do your before and argue about the gains +/-. Before Its roaded do a cheeky deal and say if no positive gains they can keep it!! lol.

·
won hay-tee
607 Posts

Was that mapped for 99ron ?

How much extra IGN Adv could be dialed in ?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

i alway run my car on half a tank of 95ron and half 99ron as every friday i refill the tank as i use half a tank per week 1st week it will have 95ron the next 2nd week 99ron as the cheapo stuff isnt great but a 50/50 mix seen to allow the car to run better

·
Banned
2,861 Posts

had vis motor tested a week ago at an mg garage all are working fine but i know it faster and run better than ever so F**K it plus you wasnt there george and your just ****ed of cos i warned not to buy the super charger off you and you lossed a sale of £1350 and every other remap the guy had done had same sort of torque cruves

Mate ive been doing the zs v6 a long time now long before reidy remaps came on the scene, so dont tell me how to suck eggs !

Your car has a vis issue full stop and just coz it went to a rover garage means naff all matey.

I used to have MG sending quite a few mgs to me to check as dealers couldnt find the issues with them by using t4.

T4 cant always diagnose correctly and thats where a rolling road comes into play.

Dave v6 has even commented on your graph, the proof that there is an issue is plain as day in that graph.

If you also look at your before and after graphs, the issue has moved further up the scale because of the remap.

Dave and I have done more to a zs than anyone else on these forums and we both know bulls4it when we see it.

I dont give a to55 that you didnt buy the charger mate, it can wait for the next car i have planned for it.

If you do a search on vis, you will see my posts date well back to 2003, as I was the one who discovered the vis issue in the first place and made it known to the general public.

So find the rock you was under please until you have substantial knowledge about these cars and there idiosyncracies to put me to shame with, then i perhaps may listen.

Below is a graph of a healthy zs 180 showing no dips or steps in the curve

G

·
Registered
2,024 Posts

Roverdave take a deep breath and listen to the advice in this thread!
George and Dave are spot on here. It might not be what you want to hear but people are trying to help you at the end of the day!!

That torque grath is all over the place. You have a vis issue. Pointless taking it to a MGR garage they no f all about this and T4 is crap. I know because I worked at a MGR garage from 2001-2006.

this is a graph from my 180. This is more like what you torque cuve should look like.

·
12,325 Posts

roverdave, apologies mate didnt mean to sound off hand but theres so much snakeoil surrounding re maps, just replace both your vis motors and hopefully you be ok.
As i understand it the testing machine cannot detect wether they are operating as they should, it can tell if they are switching but not if they are actually moving.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

ok then say there is a vis prob ppl how do i go about checking it and getting the prob sort i.e get a new motor from cos surely if that is then sort ill see an even better performance gain across the torque as it will smooth it out i can only go on wot info i am told and given

1 - 20 of 65 Posts