MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi ppl just had the old girl's M.O.T today bad new it failed
good news it was only on for my number plates not being to the new uk standard which changed as of jan 1st 2010 so £20 and 1 hour later and we had a pass :happy2:

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
What was wrong with the number plates? I thought all number plate rules only applied to new vehicals, certainly the 2001 ruling for the blue bit only applies to cars registered after 2001 not retrospectivly to older cars.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as of jan 1st 2010 every number plate front a rear needs to hav a bs number in the bottom right conrner and mine didnt

·
A boffin and proud of it
1,893 Posts
Another way of making money for DVLA and VOSA. Of course, there is never any publicity, go along, pay you money, fail, pay again. Thank you.

·
MG ZS 180 :)
351 Posts
Mine passed last wednesday, very happy! :)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Another way of making money for DVLA and VOSA. Of course, there is never any publicity, go along, pay you money, fail, pay again. Thank you.
Yup seams the rules came in a few years ago but the MoT stations were not required to test for it until now. Any car after 2001 needs a BS number on the plates which is all ZS's but I wonder how many will fail this year.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I've had a fail this morning, with a rubber CV boot that needs replacing.
MOT station are going to replace later today....

The past 12 months I noticed has been my lowest ever annual mileage.
6,200 miles is all I have driven... I'm thinking maybe I should get a limited milage
quote on my insurance policy at next renewal.

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
I'm a few hundred miles off 93K now.

I suppose I can expect the offside CV boot to go next, I assume the rubber nearside/offside perishes at the same rate?

·
Registered
368 Posts
I bought the car 11.5 months ago and it had 34.5k on the clock. It's now just rolled over 39k. 4.5k in nearly a year!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts