MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
apply within, priority on the induction kit though
hate the rubber pipe getting in my way all the time!!!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
best prices from both of you please...

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
can I ask why you're removing it?
Also, did you need the gaskets and MIL Eliminator kit also?

·
Registered
385 Posts
can I ask why you're removing it?
Also, did you need the gaskets and MIL Eliminator kit also?
No prob James,
I am fitting a decat so my wideband afr can be used correctly. I already have a stock cat that will be used for MOT purposes.

Yep it my understanding it will require a mil eliminator which are around the £27 from ptp.

Car was already fitted with unit when I got it however I always use new gaskets when assembling a pipe again these are only a couple of quid from ptp.

Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to clarify, the sports cat will be fine for MOT's etc?

My car is just a tad too quiet for me, also at 137k the braiding on the standard cat is all coming off and the metal bracket has also become "de-tached" lol

Got the standard crappy filter in right now, really want a decent one but with no real knowledge of what to go for I'm stuck

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just to clarify, the sports cat will be fine for MOT's etc?

My car is just a tad too quiet for me, also at 137k the braiding on the standard cat is all coming off and the metal bracket has also become "de-tached" lol

Got the standard crappy filter in right now, really want a decent one but with no real knowledge of what to go for I'm stuck
Mine did (just lol!)) with it in place but I run a non stock motor with Janspeed headers and no precats so if yours has stock headers then you should hav no problems.
Use the best filter you can afford. I run the Itg maxogen system but it has a hefty price tag, if funds are tight the just install a replacement itg panel filter around £40ish which is better than nowt! Just don't slap a big k&n style filter onto the intake!

And waits for someone to disagree lol!

Cheers
Paul

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.