MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright folks as the title suggests I have a British Racing Green ZS 180 Hatch which a friend of mine has asked me to break for parts because he was offered next to nothing for it as a trade in, current mileage is around 70k, had a recent service and new rear discs and pads, has 17inch straights on with four very good tyres, two of which are nearly new.

Contact me if you want anything specifc, will try and get some pics uploaded when I get them from him in the next couple of days

Chris

·
Registered
15 Posts
Alright folks as the title suggests I have a British Racing Green ZS 180 Hatch which a friend of mine has asked me to break for parts because he was offered next to nothing for it as a trade in, current mileage is around 70k, had a recent service and new rear discs and pads, has 17inch straights on with four very good tyres, two of which are nearly new.

Contact me if you want anything specifc, will try and get some pics uploaded when I get them from him in the next couple of days

Chris
you still got the straights? if so how much are you after for them? any pictures of them?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I would be interested in the front bumper and fog lights/switch/ relay.. What condition is the front bumper in - how much would you want? Any pics? Cheers

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Right folks, got some more pics, unfortunately I couldnt get to the car but I got someone else (the chainboy!) to take some pics but he never washed it. Apologies for it looking a bit messy but the pictures are taken on a construction site in Colne and I live about 120 miles away so cant get down too often, however I have already arranged for a number of parts to be removed this week and I am heading down on Saturday to continue it.

I would also be interested if people could shed some light as to why it appears to have MK2 door cards and carbon fibre inserts on the dash.

ZS3O.jpg

ZS 3 F.jpg

ZS 3E.jpg

ZS 3 C.jpg

ZS3M.jpg

ZS3DD.jpg

ZS 3A.jpg

ZS3R.jpg

ZS3I.jpg

·
Drive an MG, you do!!!
649 Posts
i dont understand, why break a perfectly good car? If he can get any decent money as a trade in, why not advertise it on the various mg and zs websites as a going concern?

Before long there wont be any left if people just break them for no reason.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont understand, why break a perfectly good car? If he can get any decent money as a trade in, why not advertise it on the various mg and zs websites as a going concern?

Before long there wont be any left if people just break them for no reason.
Well I will tell you why, if for one, my friend cant get any more than a few hundred as a trade in and complete cars go for not much more on ebay then the only financially viable option left is to break it for parts and secondly, without people like myself breaking these cars for parts then other people whos cars have been in smashes or have had mechanical breakdowns would most likley be written off or scrapped. For a fact when my mums engine went pop on her 04 reg ZS 180 if we couldnt have gotten an engine out of a breaker for a sensible price we were going to have to resort to breaking the car and getting something else. However, because we could get hold of a sensibly priced engine it has many more happy miles ahead of itself.

However, i imagine you wont be getting any second hand parts from a breaker should anything unforunate happen to your car, soley out of principle!

·
Drive an MG, you do!!!
649 Posts
Is there any need to be quite so shirty about it.

the point I was trying to make was, that he has been offered a pittance trade in, thats fair enough, but it doesnt appear to have been offered for sale whole, on any forum, and tbh there are plenty out there, and there are plenty of enthuiasts willing to pay more then a 'few hundred' as you put it.

There is this forum, mg-rover.org, mgzs.co.uk, zscentral.com to name a few.

As for your last comment, thats just silly, of course if mine breaks I will get parts for it, as would anyone else, but would hopefully come from a car thats knackered, as it stands I am currently trying to rescue two zs 120's, that both have engine problems, and is such a shame to scrap, so one will have a new engine hopefully on sunday, and the other will be fixed with the spares I will have from the others knackered engine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts