MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cambelts are due end of the month and while im at it i can afford to either have the cams done or have janspeed manifolds fitted and wondered which would be of more benefit, i have the moto-build springs fitted,itg max filter and de-cat! cheers, also my car will be used for the road only!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
may as well get the cams fitted while thw cam belts getting done surely, need the belts off to fit them

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Cams - £545
pulleys - £200
Mapping - £220
+ fitting?

If you have the money to do the cams, you would be better off forgeting them, saving a few £££ and fit a lightweight flywheel. You will get much more performance out of the flywheel on the road and it will improve your mpg rather than reduce it like the cams will. It will feel like you have a extra 30+bhp throughout the rev range. With the money left lsd would be a great mod!

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I'd spend on the LSD rather than a flywheel, flywheels carry energy do they not? Less weight less energy carried? Dont think cams will get you far, max power I've seen from cams n all the other mods was about 220bhp.

·
Registered
376 Posts
This is something that I'm looking into when my belts are done in October...

I've been quoted £750 for cam and belt change.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Modding the V6 for decent power is going to cost either way. You can get similar powers from the 4cylinder k-series or more from the T-series. Lad at our place just bought another turbo and is going to mod it to about 400bhp should be mint once its done!

·
MKII MGZS180
2,314 Posts
Spoke to Lates last night and the 90k service inc cam belt is approx £550. Rang Luffield Cars and they are wanting £960.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts