MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Chris
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all

I carried out the cambelt change last week on my 180, and while i had all the bits off the engine i decided to replace the water pump and plastic thermostat housing to the uprated metal housing, just wanted to say what a great upgrade the thermostat housing is, well made and fitted perfectly.

I've done quite a few cambelt changes on 4 cylinder engines, but this was slightly more challenging but still a relatively straight forward job.

after completion she fired up after a few seconds of turning over, took her for an mot and passed.

I should mention that the ZS has been sitting in my workshop since march and has only done 2000 miles since the last mot last November, I'm really looking forward to driving the ZS again.

i have missed the sound of the V6 and the handling.

I also own a mk2 MX5 1.6 turbo which i done myself, but this has been taken off the road for further modifications, hence putting the ZS back on the road

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Nice! Where did you get the metal stat from?

I bet the mx5 is fun.
2 great handling cars there!

·
Chris
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The mx5 are a great car, i had a mk1 with a turbo but the mrs decided to go cross country on a roundabout, but a lowered MX5 doesn't like curbs and ditches, so i then got a mk2 MX5 and swapped the bits over,

Even when the turbo is spooling up on the mx5, i still think i prefer the sound of the V6 and with janspeed manifolds and full stainless system with sports cat the ZS sounds better

going for a drive in it tomorrow :)

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Got any pics of the thermostat fitted up?

·
Administrator
10,642 Posts
Looks good! Thanks for taking the time to take pics! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.