MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My little brother rang tonight and asked me what I thought about the 120, as since going for a spin in my 180 has been bitten by the MG bug.

The only problem he has is a fine collection of points and he is only 23 therefore the insurance mans friend - NOT:rolleyes:

Anyway he is looking into buying a 120 or 120+, What are the pros and cons ? and whats the insurance like ?

I've tried to talk him into a ZR but he is sure the ZS is the one for him, although I think its far to good ;)

Mike

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Insurance wise, I'm paying about £350 (40+, full ncb, clean licence).

Performace wise, it's a little slower than a 180, but still quick and accelerates a little slower than a 180, but still quick.

Trim levels can be the same, if you take some of the options.

I'm really happy with mine. IMHO it is a little more 'urban friendly' than the 180.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John, is yours the 120 or the Plus, whats the difference. Also do you know what group ins it is ?

mike

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
The difference between the plus and the standard on the ZR is a CD player, sunroof and electric front windows. Not sure about the ZS, but would have thought it would be pretty similar.

Just thought you might be interested in that useful (useless?!) piece of information!

·
Registered
214 Posts
OH BUGGER! !

i own a zr 120 due to being unable to insure a 160. its a great car to own and the ladies love em! tell im to buy one quick!:D

·
Registered
3,533 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DOH !

Your right I should know better, why didn't I think of that ? No info on insurance groupings tho' so if anyone knows would be useful.

Cheers

Mike.

P.S. Has Max let you take the 180 back ??

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
The main differences between the ZS 120 and the ZS 120+ electric windows and air con.

Mine is the ZS120, but fitted with the side sills, front bib spoiler and 17" wheels (standard fit are 16")

·
Registered
136 Posts
INSURANCE

The exact group I dont know but heres my senario as its similar to your Bro's Im 20 years old have 3 points and have a 120+ with leather interior bib spoilers all round and I'm paying..... £1414 per year fully comp. I have never driven the 180 put I am pleased with the 120 it out excellerates most cars in its class (honda accord 1.8, vectra 2.0,) and is good for about 110 mph I'm sure it would do more but you would need a very long open road, which preferably was not owned by our queen :) - so he can be looking at fairly high premiums but considering I was paying 1200 for a sporting Punto previously its not to bad!

Paul

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Don't need that long a road, and the 120 is good for 120 mph(with a little more to come).

Not saying where, or when but (thankfully) the radar detector never went off!!!!

Insurance very reasonable ( around £350, full ncb, no points, 40+)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Re: OH ******! !

lead-right-foot said:
i own a zr 120 due to being unable to insure a 160. its a great car to own and the ladies love em! tell im to buy one quick!:D
Indeed, the ladies DO love it. I had a request from a couple of female colleagues for a ride (in the 120+, that is) and duly obliged and I'm expecting my sister-in-law round at any moment to experience it.

I may even name my own car 'Bazza', after the legendary Barry White, well-known soulman and lurrrrve machine...
Mmmmmm, yeah babeee...!

G

·
He'll only crash it

Hi Mike,

Tell your bro - just say no!!!

Buying an MG is bad for his health. He needs to stick to something that takes a season to get to 60, and where the speedo dreams of three figures.

You know I'm right. His future is in your hands

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
The man from from Dl Monte - he say yes!

Tell your brother to get a 120. The performance is excellent.
The handling is excellent and the insurance is very reasonable.

I've got one, and I'm glad I did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts