MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need a new part of the exhaust but was wonderin if anyone had or knew anyone with one spare i could collect a long as its in reasonable nick??

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi mate there's a rover breakers at Langley mill and his prices are good,let me know if you want his number

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi again dj, yeah drop me his number, as my exhaust is bout to snap off now lol

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
bear in mind the catalytic convertor is part of this section so it may be more expensive than you think

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bear in mind the catalytic convertor is part of this section so it may be more expensive than you think
Thats why the title of the thread is "flexi section/cat section" lol

I know i cud buy a new one but finds wont stretch thaaaat far atm as bills are flying at me left right and centre, plus i gotta save up for my remap

·
Lighten up dude
1,154 Posts
:

I replaced both sides of cat i.e. new flexi section and new intermediate pipe on a 180 last week WITHOUT effecting the original cat at all. The flexi pipe was thrown in FOC by Tony Banks in Leeds (LongLife custom exhaust franchise are all over the country though) when I did the cat back system in S.Steel.

You do not appear to be doing the entire system but point remains, the flexipipe can be replaced by a decent exhaust company without touching the cat.

Hope this helps

P

·
Mechanic in disguise!
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, tried our suppliers through work and low and behold, they do replacement flexi sections!!!!!!

One hell of a mission to make sure i got the rightish one though!

Needed to know the length of the flexi and the internal diameter of the ends needed as they are slip over and clamp on replacements. Ran round back of work and tried to measure everything up but then thought "you gotta take it off to get the internal measurement!"

Brainwave ensues and got one of the guys at the suppliers to measure up the id of the whole section and then requested the slightly larger id version in the flexi pipe!

Now i do remember someone (apologys who it was for forgetting) saying that the pipe diameters on either side of the flexi on the zs120 were slightly different sizes, so assuming iver got the right size to slip over the original pipe, ice gotta come up with some way of taking up any excess space if it is slightly bigger on one end!

And if it is smaller or the same size as what ive already got, ill swear like one-o cus the only way ill find out is to cut off my old one, and by that time it'll be too late!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts