MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
ZR160 3 door in trophy blue, 5000miles only, registered october 2001 (51 reg), full spec - e/windows,c/locking, air-con, 1/2 leather, 17"alloys, extras - spacesaver ilo ims, chrome gear lever surround, MG floormats.
2 1/2 years warranty remaining, oil+filter changed last week.

Cost £15000 new selling for £12495ono
 

·
Zed Heaven
Joined
·
7,508 Posts
Why are you wanting to get rid of it so soon? Surely this rapid turnover of vehicles must cost you a fortune? Plus NMGO are gonna lose a regular.

F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Whats the reason for selling it so soon??? It betta be good. I'd be interested providing i know why u are getting rid of such a fab car!!!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #6
cjreilly - imselling it as i only need a car to get to work and back now. i,ve been on a couple of mg meets which were great but for the monthly payments it doesn't make sence to keep it.
Looking at a cheap runabout tommorow so the dealer may get it in the next couple of weeks if still unsold.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
I've had a look at some of the problems you have had with it. No thanks mate. I want to be problem free!!! I could swap you my 98 214i thats got 20000 miles on the clock. Sweet as a nut!!!!!!!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #8
cj, i think you'll be lucky to get a zr problem free as the probs i've had are common to 95% of the zrs and the other 5% have them but the owners haven't noticed:p
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Maybe, but it seems like a lot of problems for the amount of mileage and time that you have had it! Looking at some other chat rooms, yes people have had problems but not to that extent! Tell me exactly what problems you've had?

I'm getting together a list of unhappy ZR/25/200 drivers, that have had various problems with their cars. If a problem appears quite often, i'll pass it on to MG-Rover to take a look at. Something will have to be done.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm problems, 10 visits to 3 dealers......5600miles

Rattles from rear of car - in 7 times, still not cured
oil leak from cam cover - re-sealed but still leaks
n/s side skirt fell off - rebonded, now ok
o/s side skirt fell off - refixed, came off again next day
battery lead(positive) wouldn't tighten resulting in flat battery symptons - modified somehow, now corroded
rear brakes squealing - now stopped
rattle from drivers door - still got it
wind noise from doors (mirror area) - still there
paint chips so easily

oh and it only does 132mph so not really a sports car;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Yep have a 25 and has same rattle at the back think it may be the parcel shelf or something. Also don't know if anyone has had a problem with their rear suspension making a bubbling noise took it to the dealer and he said it was the seal and it was a known problem they replaced and problem resolved, bit scarey that this only happened after 30000 miles on the clock.
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #12
well i've had the shelf out when driving and the noise is still there, had the tailgate latch adjusted so there's no movement whatsoever in the hatch, taken off all the interior trim (on inside of tailgate and both sides of boot area), taped all wires, washer tubes, etc to body and used foam as deadening and........yep the rattles still there, must be the suspension :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
567 Posts
Tahiti25, the noise from your suspension was a sort of squeek? I get the same on my 200 and haven't got a clue what it is! I get it when i go over bumps at really slow speeds too. It only seems to be coming from the rear!
 
G

·
Discussion Starter #14
no the noise is more of a rattle, sounds as though the tailgate isn't shut properly (it doesn't move at all so it isn't that)

well car now sold to dealer £10800, be on his forecourt for at least £12300...............:angst
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,834 Posts
Ha ha ha.

Would you take off the MG logo and stick on some Seat badges??:D :D

Only joking - It looks like a real head turner from the photo!

Matt.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
841 Posts
Sounds like it is the same fault that I had, coming from the rear suspension
apparently the dealer said to me they had to replace the seal around the
rear suspension been perfect ever since.
It was like a bubbling squeeking noise.
As for the rattle at the back I don't think any of us will ever resolve the mystery of the annoying rear rattle my advice turn up your music!!!:D
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top