MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was speaking to a mechanic at rockingham yesterday and he told me that with the ITG mod and the janspeed exhaust they push out between 165-170 bhp.
also there was a number on one of the ZR's for competition parts, dont know if they were z parts but worth a try....0121 475 6217

Attachments

·
Registered
718 Posts
Exhaust

The complete exhaust from the downpipe to the tailbox is manufactured by Janspeed but does'nt have a catalsyt!;)

The cars really stand out barry Benhams Blue/silver & Don Kettlbourgh's red/Silver - But the best one so far has to be Phil Grinsall's red with white MG graphics Did you get any other pictures of them Kev As i was'nt able to make it their!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Rockingham!

Just spoke to my colleage at rockingham and both the red cars & the anthracite car pictured above have been written off along with the yellow ZR & the anthracite Tech Speed ZR.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Martin
I left just before 4,so i guess i missed that, but at that corner at the end of the straight a lot of cars came a cropper,especially the Jags.
kev

G

·
what did the exhausts sound like on the zrs?
i have a 160 but didn't think an aftermarket ststem was available due to the valve in the tailpipe, are the janspeed systems available to the public?

·
Registered
718 Posts
The exhausts are available to the public Give MG competitions a ring on 0121 475 6217 - But these exhausts don't have a cat in them. You could always disconect the solenoid that operates the valve as this only closes at a certain speed for drive by noise tests for which manufactures are required to comply with;)

G

·
Cheers for that Martin, ill try them this week.
Do you know where the solenoid is to disconnect, will it show any lights on the dash or upset the running?
cheers

·
Registered
718 Posts
Solenoid valve

Just to the left of the expansion tank on the bulkhead are two plugs on a bracket + a solenoid.
The large grey plug & the round white one are for the engine and stuck on that bracket is the solenoid which controls the exhaust valve opening - It also has a vacuum pipe running to a plastic chamber on the left flitch (as your looking at the eng bay).
Disconnect the electrical connector to this solenoid.
It only controls the valve closing at a certain speed & wont display any lights on the dash.;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts