MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a lot of wind noise above 70 in my ZR?

Closer inspection I have noticed the windscreen seems proud on the drivers side?

Anybody else have wind noise above this speed.

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Noticed it a little in Elaine's ZR.

Planning on taking it to Brands on Monday, will listen when giving it a good long motorway drive.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Before the ZR I've owned 2 Rover 200's. All 3 have had excessive wind noise and the passenger/driver's windows were always at fault.

Still haven't quite resolved it on my ZR but it is now as good as it's going to get. :(

·
MG ZT-T 190
6,716 Posts
Not a ZR, but in certain conditions I get wind noise. Mainly I think when there is cross wind. Noise comes in at various speeds, sometimes even at as low as 70!!

Kelvin
ZS180

·
Registered
25 Posts
I get wind noise in my 160 under certain circumstances only, noteably when I have had a fried breakfast that included baked beans and eggs..............

·
Registered
24 Posts
.I can't say that there is any noticeable wind noise but the engine/exhaust tone seems to get better and better!! Just under 6k on the clock and loosening up very nice !!

·
Registered
253 Posts
i was concerned when i heard hissing, tutting, moany noises from my zr 120 whilst doing 110 on the a3.... But soon relised it was the missis in the passanger seat!!!

te he!:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
wind noise.

had my zr for a day and then had to take it back. among the long list of faults was 'excessive wind noise above 70mph' the dealer took it out for a test drive and concluded the fault was the sunroof not sealing properly, theres some sort of manual ajustment on them apparently.

G

·
i seem to get quite a bit of wind noise from the drivers door window, cant hear it on the a and b roads though as the rattles/creaks drown it out

·
Registered
36 Posts
I haven't noticed any wind noise in my ZR160 been up and down the M3 and A3 at speeds 60-70+ and no noise, except for a lovley engine note!

·
Registered
7 Posts
:cool:

My 160 has a bit of wind noise but the engine noise more than makes up for it.....plus it drowns out the "slow down" nagging from the passenger seat.

When i took one out for a test run there was a woman trading her 105 in because of excessive wind noise.....for an MGF!!!
The salesman was taking the ssip something chronic when she left.

Rob.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts