MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale / Breaking

2003 MG ZR+ 1.4 Trophy Blue JFV

Car is in very good condition, Not seen one straighter than this panel wise (and I looked for long enough to find this beauty)
It's covered just over 71k Not missed a beat, I service it regularly and fitted the uprated head gasket kit as soon as I bought her and it's been as good as gold.
Tyres are new, Less than 1000 miles, Falken Ziex ZE912's Outstanding rubber and cost £300+ last month.

Box / Diff has gone, I've not got the time to fit a new box although I have priced them up and they can be picked up fairly cheap.

Prepared to let the car go for a reasonable offer if there is anymore interest (already had an offer of £890) for someone to fit a box and have a fairly cheap great car!

Would prefer the above option to be honest as it saves me the time and heart break of breaking the car, Not to mention the space, 2 Rally Cars & 4 Road cars sure do take up some space lol

But if nobody is interested in the whole car whether it to be fit a box and use or break and sell the bits for top dollar to make a few quid, We all know how much they can bring in bits these days!

I can sort postage at cost for smaller bits if breaking but anything panel wise is all collection only sorry, Based just outside Margam in South Wales.

I know what it is like when it comes to fanatics looking for the perfect car, Been there and well still there ha!

So Bad bits,
Some stone chips to the bonnet and front corners of the wings, Nothing major to be fair given the year of the car.
Front splitter has a few scrape marks underneath.
Rear bumper has a small air crack in the middle, Only visible with a tooth comb when the car is waxed and shining in bright sun.
Interior drivers seat has a small tear on the side usual problem, Got quoted £35 to repair but never got around to it!
Alloys would benefit from a refurb if you wanted them mint / showroom condition!
Would post photos of these 'bad bits' but a camera does not show them it is just me being totally honest and picky.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

Any interest in individual bits please place your interest and I’ll let you know a price.

I can also be contacted via email- [email protected]

Some photos taken a week before she died.

Thanks for looking,

Regards,
Jon.S

·
Registered
116 Posts
Looks absolutely stunning. Please dont break it - remember they are not making Rover's and MG's (proper ones) anymore. Any other car from another manufacturer from Ford to Mercedes I couldnt care less if they get broken up, it doesnt matter - new ones are still being produced.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
The car does look clean.

The time involved in changing the box has to be less than breaking her.

I'd stick to trying to sell complete but set a time limit before trying to break.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really hope I don't have to break it as it will be a sad time as she really is as good as she looks, So come on someone come and make me a offer ;-)

Had the car 5+ years now and as much as I would love to keep it, it is time for TDI :-(

I've costed it out with the interest in the parts already received and it is the obvious thing to do to get as much money back as possible, but like I said I'd rather see her go in one piece and become someone else's pride and joy.

Regards,
Jon.S

·
Registered
116 Posts
How much are you after?

If you have been offered £800 for it with a broken gear box, then as said bite their hand off! Deffinatly sell it, dont break it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much are you after?

If you have been offered £800 for it with a broken gear box, then as said bite their hand off! Deffinatly sell it, dont break it.
Got offered £890 but the guy wants me to keep it until the end of march before he can break the two he has and create room. With 5 soon to be 6 cars on the drive holding onto it is not really an option.

I do not really want to break her so I am trying to source with no luck so far a good early R65 box and I will chop it in against my new motor.

She is still for sale if anyone is interested, You will struggle to find a nicer ZR!

Regards,
Jon.S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts