MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well show season is amongst us soon. Any thoughts about having a ZED car stand (MGF/TF's - I think maybe already well catered for - but open for discussion). I know we have some proud owners already subscribed to the FORUM! :D

My thoughts are something like this.

1. Venue - Major Open Air Car show. NoT a "Classic" show as the ZEDS are not classics. Need your ideas!

2. Represent the complete ZED range + some.

3. Would need someone else's help as I'm always skipping off to other places!

4. Solicite the help of MGR or Garage for banner - flags ect.

5. Cost of "staking" the ground borne out by members showing their cars. :(

END!

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Fantastic idea, count us in.

Just hope that it doesn't turn out to be a weekend when we have other commitments.
:) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
During conversation today the "Three Counties" at Malvern came up. They host a show in the Summer.

I shall make enquiries and see what I can come up with - dates - cost and post later in the week!

In the meantime, would apprecaite a show of hands on this one!

We have a ZR - ZS and ZT owners - so lets show 'em our wares!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
I'm sure me and Nat would be up for it, providing no prior commitments Jerry...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tricky

Which ZED have you got and colour may I ask? Also agree with your sentiment that we needn't do anything Formal, but I'd prefer to fly the Flag for MGR in public if we can + have a good time too!

Whatever, happens the enthusiasm is clearly fermenting, so something will take place. :D

Lets see what develops - I'll get back to you tomorrow with some news if I can!

Jerry

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After trawling the net, there is very little "MODERN MG" events to tag onto.

Choices:

5/6 Oct - Malvern Motoring Event.

28/29 Apr - Sports Car Show at NEC.

10/11 Aug - Dambusters National Car and Bike Show Held at RAF Scampton.

7 Apr - Ask to join MGOC at Brooklands MG Day

19-21 Jul - Ask to join MGCC at the Silverstone International Event.

Classic Shows are OUT.

OR. Do something completely different - like ask to visit WSR.

For example yesterday Ralliart Dudley allowed 30 max to visit Ralliart International at Rugby. See Evo Days Out

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
what about one of the TOCA races where we can all park in-field,i remember the calibra owners club doing that at donnington.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My ZED is a ZR 105+ with the works, 17" alloys, side skirts, half leather interior.....

It is in Trophy Yellow which as yet is pretty rare around the Preston / Blackburn area, I've only seen a couple of other ZRs in yellow on the road. The majority I've seen are in Trophy Blue.

A friend of mine has just ordered a ZT, ZS and R25 from our local MGR dealer. They are due for arrival at end of March. Once here, I'll get a photo of them all together along with my ZR and post it on the forum.

·
Registered
83 Posts
"19-21 Jul - Ask to join MGCC at the Silverstone International Event. "

I can highley recommend this event I have been for the past 3 years. Its a hudge event with lots of modern cars as well as classics and open to all. The MG Car Club also has a new Z car race series for MGR's this year and they should be racing. I Would think that the Car Club will be organising a special area for the new Z cars so it shouldn't be to hard to join in. Better still why don't you all join the club :cool:

http://www.mgcars.org.uk/carclub/index.html

Beer tents good as well :D

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Easy. Because it costs 30 quid. :)

Personally, I think we'd be better of attending a non-mg specific event, otherwise we wouldn't stand out from the crowd...

A group of MG's at a toca day full of other makers cars for instance would really stand out. A group of MG's in a field with a group of other MG's wouldn't..

Another idea is perhaps something like going to the F3 event at castle combe or something...

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
From a personal viewpoint, RAF Scampton would be good.

Access is good and it should be well attended, during school hols etc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Climber

I've already considered your proposal of joining the MGCC, but unfortunately my MG bias of the 70's precludes this. At the time I preferred Spitfires - Sprints - Stags and TR's. I loathed the MGB with a vengence and still do.

The MGB was kept in production for far too long! But, the key is to have an open mind and if the majority want to join then so be it. It does have a very keen and able membership!

So, I would prefer to have our own identity as the "new boys on the block" and participate with other clubs! Awaiting further developments!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Nothing to stop us doing both :D

Personally I recon its well worth being a member of the club anyway, cheaper insurance, cheaper cars to name just two. £27 not bad when you can save £3K off a new ZT!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yep BTCC event could be an answer. Especially the infield at Donny as Kevin Neal mentioned.

I think, I'll wait for more feedback and then produce a Poll and see what the concensus is!

Scampton, is an old V-Bomber (Vulcans) base in Lincs, was home to the Red Arrows. Ideal large open venue as long as the gathering is suitable. We don't want to be involved with "the stationary engine & tractor brigade".

John (JLD) what type of gathering is it? All i know is what was gleaned elsewhere, which wasn't much! :(

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
The Scampton event is listed as Classic cars. Not much info yet although I may be able to find out something over the week end.

On reflection Donnington for the BTCC could be the best option.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts