MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I never. The Nissan Note DCI has developed a gearbox oil leak. Got her up on ramps today and n/s diff / drive shaft oil seal is shot. Can't get one until Monday Special Order. And its qiute a bad leak too.

So back taxed the zed and will now be getting her out this afternoon. Front tyres are shot though so will have to get these changed in the morning.

I have even taxed her for a full 12 months. (well 11 really as i lost January).

Quite happy really. Means the Note can stay in the garage until my back is better and I feel up to working on it. Bleeding weather doesn't help either.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We were being encouraged to post more on here a few weeks ago ??

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Hi, nice to know Japanese cars have probs as well, always think they go on forever.

Good excuse to get the 180 up and running.

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was surprised myself. Could smell gear oil for a while then a patch appeared and got worse. Had to put seal on special order. When i put new synthetic oil in it was just dripping out without any driving at all.

The parts guy said he's never sold one before. I'm guessing it may have not been fitted properly from new. Only done 33k

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just been down lock up and there is a huge pool under the Note now. Only moved it 300yds. I'm guessing its due to slightly thinner oil going in and the level being correct. Takes 2.6 litres but I'm guessing just over 1 litre came out. Never ever known one to go like this in all my years in the trade????

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
Not covered under warranty?????????? Thought you got so many years or zillions of miles.

Is it the model like Andrew Marr drives in the opening of his show??????

:wave:

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Doubt it. She's on a 56 plate. Cracking all rounder to be fair with loads of room. Never seen that show so can't comment. I guess that the spring on the inner lip of the seal must have come off for it to be like this?

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I'm gutted for the note, I really am. I don't know how you managed 6months tax a year anyways, ENJOY!

Seriously though, I hope it's sorted relatively easily for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts