MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, Im going to go and check out another facelift 180. This time, one that is LPG converted. It is running dual fuel, and I have no concerns other than with engine oil.

I think LPG causes a much higher temperature during the combustion process, so is it worth running different oil?

It would be interesting to know whether anyone on here has done an LPG conversion, and your thoughts on it?

Thanks, Dave.

·
wait and see;-)
2,328 Posts
did 50,000 in a VW bora with no problems only thing you have to watch is spark plugs need right ones also depends which system fitted as some lube as well to counteract the dry fuel

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
I'm aiming at LPG on my 180.

You don't need a different oil, just spark plugs.

The KV6 doesn't need valve lube.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Hi guys, Im going to go and check out another facelift 180. This time, one that is LPG converted. It is running dual fuel, and I have no concerns other than with engine oil.

I think LPG causes a much higher temperature during the combustion process, so is it worth running different oil?

It would be interesting to know whether anyone on here has done an LPG conversion, and your thoughts on it?

Thanks, Dave.
Post a link to the advert if you want/can. There was a black mk2 on ebay that I considered but I was put off for a couple of reasons. Best of luck with finding a zed.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
No details of the kit, of pictures of how it's fitted and not even the filling point. Best of luck, but I would want details of the kit first if you plan on using it. 46mpg seems good though so maybe it's a decent one.

·
Registered
3,492 Posts
No details of the kit, of pictures of how it's fitted and not even the filling point. Best of luck, but I would want details of the kit first if you plan on using it. 46mpg seems good though so maybe it's a decent one.
I noticed that as well, it is common to fit the filler in the N/S/R wing and strangly that panel isn't visable in the photos, the mk2 has a perfect location behind the rear number plate.

I asked a couple of questions

Hi
Interesting car.
Could I have more details of the LPG system
i.e. make, installer, tank location, filler location
and photos showing under bonnet, tank and filler would be good.
Also I can't see the control switch/tank level on the dash, is that it below the ashtray?
Lets see what he says.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I noticed that as well, it is common to fit the filler in the N/S/R wing and strangly that panel isn't visable in the photos, the mk2 has a perfect location behind the rear number plate.

I asked a couple of questions

Lets see what he says.
This is why this car will struggle to sell. And also why I was going to visit it today as it is pretty close to me. HOWEVER, twice I have messaged him to ask basic questions, once he has not answered, the other time he just entered his phone number. His feedback makes for interesing reading too. I think I'll give it a miss, unless you can get some answers.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts