MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
This was discussed on the Jeremy Vine programme on R2 today.Quite a few folk rang in or e Mailed to say they had over 12 points,some with 20 plus.

Tried to ring the programme( without success) to ask how the feck do they get insurance !!!

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Thats a quite shocking read.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Thats a quite shocking read.
Frigging disgusting really when a Solicitor who got one of these megapointers off contacted the Guinness Book of Records regarding the ****e he had just got off,
Only to be told GB of R does not recognise unlawful behaviour in its publication.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I always though 12 points and your out.

Cant all be 15 year old joy riders, can they??

:wave:
I dealt with a motorcyclist that kept setting off a forward facing speed camera thinking he wouldn't get caught but we sat up on him in an unmarked car and stopped him. He got 30 something points IIRC and disqualified for 3 months. After 3 months his ban was over but he still had the points on his licence for the remainder of the 3 years.

This is one way to get more than 12 points.

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I dealt with a motorcyclist that kept setting off a forward facing speed camera thinking he wouldn't get caught but we sat up on him in an unmarked car and stopped him. He got 30 something points IIRC and disqualified for 3 months. After 3 months his ban was over but he still had the points on his licence for the remainder of the 3 years.

So how does it work if he goes and gets another 3 points for speeding a week after he gets his licence back?? Is that the first of the next 12 points before his licence is taken away??

Why give him 30 points when 12 would have made him lose it, or did the £60 and 3 points come into it, he had to pay £600???

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

Surely no insurance company would touch them ?

·
LozMachine's better half
1,514 Posts
WTF!! was his daddy a magistrate or something ?

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The shame will only last until next May, then the points come off. Just got to keep my nose clean in the meantime and not push the right pedal too far down!

·
Registered
795 Posts
So how does it work if he goes and gets another 3 points for speeding a week after he gets his licence back?? Is that the first of the next 12 points before his licence is taken away??

Why give him 30 points when 12 would have made him lose it, or did the £60 and 3 points come into it, he had to pay £600???

I guess it would be down to the magistrates. If he got stopped speeding he couldn't get a ticket as he would go over the 12 points so would have to be reported to court who would decide if he should be banned under 'totting up'

·
YELLOW PERIL
2,407 Posts
I guess it would be down to the magistrates. If he got stopped speeding he couldn't get a ticket as he would go over the 12 points so would have to be reported to court who would decide if he should be banned under 'totting up'

Cheers, that clears that up.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts