MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

Should Sport N' Racing be silenced???

• Yes, bog off to a Seat forum

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • No, let him stay

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Who cares? I don't listen to his rubbish anyway!!

Votes: 5 20.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Are you tired of Sport N' Racing's NON-constructive and continued slagging off of the MG brand and in particular the ZR model??

Make sure YOU vote in the poll above.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
I am particularly bored with this guys non-constructive attempts to have dialogue.

Would you want to have a car named after a chair!

Jim

·
Registered
388 Posts
To be fair to SnR, his posts don't seem to be that inflamatory - the responses from board regulars seem more provocative than his. I have two friends who drive Leon 20VTs, and test drove one myself. It was fast in an efficient way, whereas my ZS180 was fast in a fun way. That's why I chose the MG while a friend chose the Seat - different people like different things in their cars. I hope that this forum will be an inclusive one, that we will welcome non-owners and owners alike and will respond constructively to those who post just trying to get a rise. Banning SnR would set a dangerous precedent, IMO, and would signal a move towards a more insular board, which would be less attractive to me. If anyone is to be banned, perhaps it should be those who posted implying that a 120hp MG could keep up with a 150hp Seat in a straight line. ;)

Just some thoughts,

S.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I think we sould take pity on him,i was looking at some of his work yesterday at oulton and all i can say is it looked well rough!:D:D:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
214 Posts
If anyone is to be banned, perhaps it should be those who posted implying that a 120hp MG could keep up with a 150hp Seat in a straight line. ;)

Just some thoughts,

S. [/B][/QUOTE]
sh*t! dont ban ME! besides i never said straight line, although from experience unless your racing summat with a BIG hp advantage there never seems to be much in it!

G

·
No bans - but use the correct Forums!

Just like to say that the "logo" on the TOP LEFT of this page is by a sensible SEAT owner - thanks "S & R."

I also agree a 150bhp car of the same weight should be faster than a 120 bhp car with the same gear ratios.

If you want to talk SEATS, talk in the other manufacturers Forum. As mentioned before, I think the 180 bhp Cupra is good value for money but tell us on the appropraite Forum as this one is for ZR/R25's!

Finally, no one gets banned - but threads that continue on the theme "my cars better than yours" will be closed. Sorry and all that.

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
Wouldnt it be dull if we all thought the same? I enjoy SnR's cheeky putdowns to be honest :) At the end of the day we drive MG's and he doesnt :rolleyes:

G

·
Beset

I too agree with you, I do like BANTER. Not trying to be big brother - just trying to prevent a flame war breaking out without locking threads.

I DO realise this ones a little bit of idle fun and I can imagine S & R loves it too. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
I only skimmer through his comments.Some are funny, but then some arguements seem to drag on with him.Can`t ban him but he should be big enough to realise when to call it a day with the same old dribble.My mate went for the Seat Ibiz Cupra 1.8l 20v over the ZR160 only because of the deal he got.He couldn`t decide between the two until it got down to money.He does however consistently have a peak at my ZR near enough everyday.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Sorry guys, I dont mean to make trouble, and I will now stop the "my cars better then your car thing" but some comments pee me off a bit (120 V 156bhp thing, come on, whoops there I go again:eek:), although 99% of the time is me just having a laugh with you lot, some members take it as a personel insult! Not what Im about:(

ITS JUST A BIT OF BANTER

kevin neal: "all i can say is it looked well rough!" What Did??????? ;)

·
Registered
214 Posts
point taken g. ill shut up about it! but as soon as i race anything with a SEAT badge on it you people will be the first to hear the result!

·
Registered
388 Posts
mateyboy said:
Not being funny but doesn't the seat cost just short of 19K?!! That's alot of dosh!!
Kev,

I think you are thinking of the Leon Cupra R (210hp). That certainly is a lot of dosh - the general consensus is that it is just too expensive. One of my friends is importing the 180hp version with the 17" wheels and ESP for £13.5k and, once it is run in, will be paying £500 to have it chipped to 210hp. Much more reasonable!

S.

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Just like to say that personally I have no problem with anyone staying on this forum whatever car they own, as long as they respect the rules and regs. I certainly respect cars from other makers - for instance, Nat will tell you I seriously considered Seat before seeing the ZT and falling in love with it...

Agree with Jerry, this should be in a different area on the forum.

Also agree - new logo is great, wouldn't be ashamed at all to show that on my car. Now all we have to do is persuade Jerry to keep the site open... :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts