MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to everyone in this forum !!

Is there anyone who has experiences with upgrading the Rover 75 with the new Xenon lights ? I already bought them from my dealer but he wasn´t able to tell me if it is possible to change them 1:1. The connectors are the same, but the ZT-T Xenon lights have an automatic adjustment. The 75 lights have to be adjusted manually in the cockpit.

Thanks for your help !

yours

seventyfive

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
AFAIK, it's a factory option only, and would be too complex to change over aftermarket - always willing to be proved wrong on these things though!

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
At all I want to change the complete unit. My Rover dealer told me that they do research about this upgrade because many customers asked them for this upgrade. The size of the Xenon unit is the same as you can find it in the "normal" 75 light unit and as I told before the connection plugs are the same too. I am just not sure about the wiring because of the missing potentiometer in the ZT cockpit. Has anyone a wiring diagramm ?

Thanks

seventyfive

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hmmm, I'm not so sure that it's just a plug and play option TBH...

The xenon lamps operate at higher voltage AFAIK, which means you'd have to be rewiring the loom to make them work. I *think* the sensor for auto-levelling is at the back of the car somwehere, although can't remember where off-hand. Someone else may be able to answer that one.

Not too sure that it's worth the bother really. Sure, they look better, but is it worth the expense? (Plus the potential for blowing up the system by adding something it wasn't designed for.

As far as I'm aware, the xenon upgrade is a factory option only because of the complexities involved in doing it aftermarket. I know there are a couple of companies that will fit xenon units to your car, but they do charge the wrong side of a grand to fit them! Plus, by doing that, you've voided the warranty...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Xenons

Besides not having self leveling on them ( to avoid dazzeling other drivers the light switch pack is also different ( but looks the same.0:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts