MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had my ZT for around 10 days now done about 1200 miles, gotta say that fuel economy is low (20-24mpg) enjoyment is hiiigghhhh!!!!!

but I've been looking, boy have I been looking and apart from the back end of what I think was ZS (didn't see to well) I've not passed a single Zed.

Been from Bournemouth to St.Helens (NorthWest if you don't know) and not a one.

Where is everyone or is it just me and the 107 other guys on this forum (ok I know most of you have 75's, but you can't help it (joke, just a joke))

but my point is nobody buying these fantastic cars and if not why aren't MGR out there promoting them more. I just don't understand it.

There's even an MG dealership not 3 miles from me and I've still not seen any, beats me...........

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hiya,

That fuel economy is similar to what I got when I first got my ZT. I'm not up to about 6k miles, and I average about 25.5mpg now.

I do quite a few short journeys in traffic around town, and my journey into work is just under 30 miles, so with such a big engine, I don't consider the economy too bad.

I don't think you're looking in the right places though.. Round here there are loads of Zeds....

Being promoted just fine, but I do think it will take time for the buying public (the great unwashed!) to take MG- Rover seriously again.

Glad you're enjoying the car BTW, long may it continue... :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Nick

Tried M6,M62,M1, A34,M4,m3,m27,a338,a420 (near swindon I believe)......

anyway you get the idea... I think I'd better start watching the road instead of the cars going the other way.

I wasn't really complaining just about the fuel economy, I am very much in the same boat about 6K and 20 miles to work, with the occasional jaunt 'op north or darn sarff.

I expect the it to be low there but on a steady ride I'd have thought it a bit better - I'm sure I remember figures of about 38mpg on something I got from MG.

I'll have another look.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I reckon you must be constantly looking at the lovely build quality and beautiful features on your "ZT" and thus miss all those other "ZEDS" on the road. :D

Steve, if you have a picture of the beast and you would like it on the owners page (on the main site) - please send. :D

PS. We know have 131 members and going strong!

·
Former ZT-T 260 owner
2,256 Posts
Hiya,

Don't forget that the MPGometer(?) in the drivers intelligence pack (if you have it) only show the average, therefore the mpg will always be bought down by lower figures when driving cold.

For instance, the other day when I filled up, I reset the trip and mpg readings, and drove out of the petrol station a bit...... swiftly... :D

I turned on the mpgometer(?) and it was reading 7.1 mpg!!!!

Once I was cruising on the road, I reset it again and I was doing 37....

BTW, you obviously don't drive along the M4 between Swindon and Hungerford during the week during 8-9am. That's the way I drive to work... :)

Jerry, I put a piccy of the ZT in the owners car section, but we have some more for the owners page, which are higher resolution.... I think Nat was going to send them to you...

·
Registered
46 Posts
Well, maybe it's just your part of the world.

Up her in suburban middle class Edinburgh there's loads of Zeds about the place. Passed a grey ZT and a blue ZR today! Over the cource of each week, probably see a few examples of each Zed. They are out there!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From an obviously Blind Man

Now guys, you lot are winding me up arn't you .... you all drive Ferrari's and aston's or something? another week not a single zed anywhere, loadsa rovers, two midgets, a few spitfires, a beautiful early Herald in Bournemouth (if it was your outside the durley hall... nice!)

but not one zed anywhere.

and 37mpg !!!!!!!!!! what you doin' pushin it around I used 1/8 of a tank in 40 miles today (was stuck on the A34 idling away for and hour mind you) but the best I get near is 25.

As for the pic will try and get one this weekend if it actually stops raining.

and just for the record after 2 whole weeks: I LOVE MY ZED

Steve

·
Registered
46 Posts
hmm, well a week after i posted my previous message regarding Zed sightings, I have seen a further 6 or 7 Zeds in Edinburgh this week!!!

You must be looking in the wrong places!!!

All the best,
Chris

·
the voice of reason!!!
12,407 Posts
Starting to see more and more Zeds around here too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
:( Oh NO, everybody is avoiding me:(

woe is me, for I see no-one of my clan from day to day. but messages from afar, relating great siteings. I get by the day, must I never lay my eyes on a friendly face......

either that or the *** dealer around here is giving them away theres loads of 'em. Guess I just live near a load of sheep (or ais that concrete cows?)

Steve

1 - 10 of 10 Posts