MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

A small request...

I would be very interested to make contact with anybody who has any MG X Power / Sport & Racing / Extreme memorabilia FOR SALE or FOR EXCHANGE.

Amongst these categories I include Press Releases / Press Photographs / Posters / Brochures / Autographed Items / Team Clothing & Merchandise / Stickers / Videos / Models / Event Programmes & Results Sheets, etc... Really absolutely anything!

This includes anything on either the MG Lola EX257 Le Mans (and American Le Mans) car, MG ZR EX258 Junior World Rally car, MG ZS EX259 & 260 British Touring car, the MGF X Power 500 and the MG ZT X Power 385 & 500, and anything on the horizon!

Talking of models - French company Provence Moulage have just released a 1/43 scale resin model kit of Gwyndaf Evans' 2002 Monte Carlo ZR EX258 - looks stunning aswell. They have already produced the EX257 as used at Le Mans last year as a model kit with the option to build either entry. No doubt there will be a healthy list of releases from Hot Wheels over the coming months as well!

I sit at my monitor waiting with anticipation!

Kind regards,

'Extreme'

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks 'X Power Admin'

In the last 12 months, I have already gathered quite a sizeable collection already!

I have acquired press releases and press photos from assorted autojumbles and dealers, autographed items from raceday paddocks and pit walkabouts, merchandise from the official outlets (as and when they do actually appear!), and programmes and results sheets from the odd event itself.

No doubt there will be more in the pipeline during 2002, what with the addition of the Nuclear Pussycats, Hot Wheels, aswell as the American Knighthawk / Intersport team entries.

I have yet to obtain any models, but plan to acquire both of the MG Lola EX257 and ZR EX258 made by Provence Moulage shortly - photos of which are attached to this and the next posting for your reference...

Hope somebody out there shares my interest?

Kind regards,

'Extreme'

Attachments

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have not seen photos of the EX258 model, but this is a scan of the instruction sheet supplied with the model, so excuse the inaccuracy of the colour scheme...

Kind regards,

'Extreme'

Attachments

G

·
I know "JIM" and I share your interest in the models. I need the EX257 model - where can I get it, Extreme?

Thanks Jerry

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi 'XPower Admin'

Sorry for the delay in replying, totally forgot I had to!

Both models should be available from the following outlets :

Showcase Models of Penrith - 01768 891177
or
Midland Racing Models of Rugby - 01788 552133

The Le Mans car has been available for a few months now, whereas the Monte Carlo car has only just come out, so there might be a bit of a wait for this last one. Good luck.

Hope the above has been of help.

Kind regards,

'Extreme'

·
Registered
286 Posts
Did you get the poster that was in Autosport at the start of the season?

Also if any one is thinking of buying those MG caps with the flames on, DONT, they are not offical MG products, just dodgy sods jumping on the MG bandwagon:mad: :mad: :mad:

thank you:)

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Sport 'n' Racing,

Many thanks. If you are referring to the 'Flame thrilled... ...it fires up this weekend' Brands Hatch preview poster that was in the 28 March issue of Autosport, then YES I did get a copy of it.

You might be interested, but I have also just acquired an art print by Graham Bosworth, entitled 'MG at Le Mans' (see below!). An absolutely stunning montage print of all of MG's Le Mans entries over the years - Midgets, MGAs, MGBs, and finally bringing it up to date with last year's MG Lola EX257. Excellent!

Kind regards and many thanks again,

'Extreme!'

Attachments

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
To keep you up to date!

Thanks to Kelvin, I managed to obtain a 'Sport & Racing' Press Pack from the Silverstone BTCC meeting to add to my collection. Thanks again!

At the same meeting (and for the first time!) there was available the new ranges of merchandise for Hot Wheels and Atomic Kitten regalia. Covering everything from caps to umbrellas, t-shirts to jackets, stickers to key rings, even HEAD BANDS!!!!! I certainly ran out of money before I ran out of choice!

There was also a couple of new models available on one of the independent traders, featuring the 2001 Le Mans MG Lola EX257s of entry Nº 33 and 34. Priced at between £28 - 30 on the day, these models are made by a company called Spark and are complete diecast display models, ready to take pride of place in your cabinet!

Will keep you posted how things progress in the near future...

Regards,

David

G

·
David

Only saw the #33 model (bought it). I noticed that they are distributed from a company in Macau. Very, very close to Hong Kong. If there was some interest, I would try to get some direct from the suppliers next time I visit Hong Kong in 7 days time.

In fact I'll get 10 of each if I can and sell them at the price I pay + postage (postage only if necessary).

Any other models worth considering?

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think you're right Jerry, maybe there was only the one version available at Silverstone - Sorry :( !

Other models? Apart from the two pictured above, the only other ones I know about at present are :

a) Scale Model Technical Services (SMTS) have - I'm pretty sure! - recently released the 2001 MG Lola EX257s. Similar kit to the Provence Moulage version above, ie lots of parts, decals, etc = LOTS OF HOURS!!!!!

b) I have also heard that Hot Wheels are soon to release some models, not sure what of (EX257 / 258 / 259 / 260!) or in what scale? Will keep you posted as to availability, prices, etc...

Did you see those charicature (spelling?) drawings of the Hot Wheels and Atomic Kitten ZS' and the 2001 EX257 that were available from Silverstone - should have been £6 each, but were doing an offer of 3 for £15! So I did! I was lucky enough to get the pic of EX257 signed at Silverstone by Blundell, McGarrity, Reid, Hughes and Kane! Did not see Bailey otherwise I would have got him to sign it aswell!!!

Kind regards,

David

G

·
Should be valuable your signed pic - got to get our MGF back from the picture framers.

No I was thinking of none MG models as well that you guys maybe interested in, if they would supply in small quantities as I'm in Hong Kong for a few days and could sort out a reasonable order.

Thoughts - Panoz - Audi Le Mans models.

Sad, I know but the Corgi "007" models are reproduced and sold there, I bought the old Honda sports car Bond drove and of course his DB5!

Saw the caricature's but had some self restraint! :help:

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jerry Flint said:
Saw the caricature's but had some self restraint! :help:
What are you trying to say Jerry? Me, no self restraint?

I actually saw them at Brands Hatch and Oulton Park, but delayed their purchase till Silverstone! Now that's self restraint! Well, it was!

Re models - thanks all the same for the offer, but there are currently no models I require.

:mad: I would not give a Panoz, Audi, or anything other than an MG or a Rover any room in my cabinet! Thanks anyway!

Currently, there are 19 Metro 6R4s, 3 Rover SD1s, 2 MGAs, 1 Ecurie Ecosse, with about twice as many as that on another shelf awaiting assembly, paint, decals, etc... :angst

Kind regards,

David

G

·
I'm afraid I enjoy watching the spectacle and all the manufactureres cars. Of course I support MG, has been Aston and Jaguar in the past at Le Mans. Plus the little 6R4 powered Ecosse.

I don't collect models parse, but there are some none MG – Rovers I would buy – New Man 956 (the year that beat the factory 962’s was brilliant) ect. Panoz – Toyota GTOne. Air freighted a Panoz last year – lovely machine. I just enjoy the engineering of these things.

Just thought if I could get them for retail, I would pass them one for that. I've faxed them and asked them to see if they'll supply me with a range in Honkers!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: To keep you up to date!

Extreme said:
Thanks to Kelvin, I managed to obtain a 'Sport & Racing' Press Pack from the Silverstone BTCC meeting to add to my collection. Thanks again!
Was it the one with the lovely image of the TOCA cars with the Flames coming across the front and back covers;) . What was in them????

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To confirm

Yes 'Sport & Racing' it was indeed one of those folders. There wasn't a great deal of material inside - except for 2 colour press photos and about 5 pages of information, copied onto MG S & R XPower headed paper.

It was basically a preview for the Silverstone meeting, along with info about the MG Lola EX257 / MG TF 500 demos and info on the Jubilee celebrating black/gold sunstrips on the Touring cars.

MG S & R also produce one of these folders for the 2002 Le Mans outing. Similar in style, but obviously with an image of the EX257 on the folder, about 12 colour press photos and probably 20-30 sheets of information. I managed to acquire one from a dealer, literally about 1 week after the Le Mans weekend - it doesn't take long to get into the collector's market these days!

Not sure whether MG S & R have anything similar on the MG ZR EX258, haven't really had a chance to see that car yet.

Hope the above helps.

Kind regards,

David

·
Registered
286 Posts
Re: To confirm

Extreme said:

MG S & R also produce one of these folders for the 2002 Le Mans outing. Similar in style, but obviously with an image of the EX257 on the folder
Yeah, I know;) ;) ;) ;)

Keep an eye out for a few more in the pipe line;)

Have you got the Atomic Kitten one?

·
'Him' is everywhere!
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Atomic Kitten

Hi S & R,

Yes indeed, I have got one of the Team Atomic Kitten folders - from their debut meeting at Oulton Park actually. A touch less glamourous on the contents compared to the S & R variety, but a very high quality folder nonetheless!

Kind regards,

David

1 - 18 of 18 Posts