MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Just gauging interest to see if any of our zs owners here would still be interested in buying some x power lowering springs if they were available.

Since we have now become involved with X PART, we have been speaking to them regarding bringing back X POWER performance parts.

So if anyones interested in some springs, please put your name down below.

Cheers

George

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Yep I'm in on that one

·
Learned member
1,389 Posts
How would these compare to the original X Power springs ?

I was interested before, but I'm not sure anymore . . .

The x power springs were available more as a fashion accessory than anything as correctly stated by Brian.

The std suspension set up is ideal for any weather conditions the car has to endure on the road. Alter this by just fitting lowered springs WILL compromise the handling.

Bump and rebound will be adversely affected as will the operation of the ABS system on bumpy roads.

I have driven both suspension set ups on the road and put them through there paces.. In the dry the xpower lowered car on a smooth road was slightly improved, however, on a wet bumpy road, the xpower set up compromised the handling and braking ability of the road.

Both Paul and I have discussed the way the zs handles as std, and we both agree that the std set up is more than capable for the average owner.

G

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wont know price yet until the order from X Part is put in.

Im just gauging interest.

The springs are being manufactured by the same company that did them before.

George

·
Registered
208 Posts
Might be interested in a set for the rear, just to bring the :moon: end down level with the front.
Will you be doing them in front or rear pair, or will they be a full four corner set?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
the last sets where all four corners, these springs are made by eibach and are very high quality,(same lowerings kits as go on the new mazda range and a lot of other manufacturers)
id just like to say thanks to george for making the effort to get all these performance parts/NLA stock sorted so we can keep on modifying and keeping are cars going, well done bud

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
Have came across many 180s with Xpower springs and to be honest none have looked any lower than a standard 180.

The Motobuild (Koni) springs do lower the 180.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts