MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a ZT on friday first of all i thought whats different about that car and then i noticed the paint was X-Power Grey secondly i looked at the back to see if it was a 160 or 190 and to my surprise it said X-Power 200!! I have no idea what engine or spec this car was.

Any ideas guys?:confused:

G

·
Flip

Was it on wide wheels?

Did it have flared arches & twin exhausts?

More importantly did it look good?

What did you think of XPower Grey - haven't seen it in the flesh?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I thought it could have been a 265 or a 385 being tested but why would MGR go to the trouble of sticking an X-Power 200 badge on the back?

I had a thought about it any way and me thinks that the new 265 and 385-400 models will both be called X-Power 265 and X-Power 385 respectively. These will both be rear wheel drive cars. So could this car just be a 2.5l KV6 rear wheel drive vehicle tuned up to the extra 200 just to whet the appitites of the buying public?

Fair play to MGR if me theory is true cause then the consumers can have 200bhp now then late summer (or whenever) a bit more power, the 265, then next year the beast, the 385 or 400 which it probably will be. Anyway methinks this is just to test the water and MGR will probably bring out a ltd edition xtreme model as shown last year with 500-700 bhp with AWD to keep traction or could this not be done due to the whole 4x4 thing?

Phil

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It just looked like a normal ZT but in X-Power grey with big straights wheels no flared arches just normal.

The Grey looks quite nice as now you can have it on all MG models also saw two typhoon ZT's.

If you want to see X-Power Grey it is on the TF on display at the visitor centre at longbridge. I saw the TCV in the flesh there aswell last week, and what a concept it is.

Phil

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i done abit of research into this x-power 200 and it has come about that it has been made for Kevin Howe. Dont no why he's had the badges put on though!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.