724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
  • Max - £50
  • Dave V6 - £50
  • TimmR_ZS180 - £50
  • Charger ??
  • real time - £100

That's absolutely brilliant.... 5 real pledges of help :D :D

Maybe a mod could keep post one running with a total.

NB: Further request - don't clean the thread - great to have a discussion - see both sides of the argument.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
how much will a ride cost members at the charity day george?
it might not be easy to give money but i dare say many would be willing to give a little for some pax laps.
I want a go in the M5....driving :racer:

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
George - once its a go - may I suggest we have a separate thread for the event.

Jerry should have a new beast then - but none MG.

Thread is looking good - 1st post amended with pledges for www.racethemg.com

• Max - £50
  • Dave V6 - £50
  • TimmR_ZS180 - £50
  • Charger - charity event.
  • real time - £100

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Happy to coordinate something simple - but need the backing of the Forum - in case we run off with the money and all that!

Needs a vote of confidence from the Moderation Team - unless they do it! :)

Or send in the cash as we did before and then we don't loose on handling charges.

Looking extremely good so far! :D

Pledges to date:

• Max - £50
  • Dave V6 - £50
  • TimmR_ZS180 - £50
  • Charger - charity event.
  • real time - £100

·
Banned
2,861 Posts

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
Thanks George, good luck with the trackday(s)!

Are we to understand that the Paul would like direct sponsorship instead of Forum backing?

Monies can be coordinated by a Forum - as they were for KWR and WSR if the Forum wants to help and promote itself.

If this assumption was/is incorrect then individuals pay their pledge as they feel fit either directly or to a Forum representative. In that way the Forum can be seen to promote the MG brand and itself as well as Paul Luti!

As per post 1 - it was an ideas post...... :) More feedback please.............

• Max - £50
  • Dave V6 - £50
  • TimmR_ZS180 - £50
  • real time - £100

Charger - track days

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Hello Max.

Of course Paul would like the forum backing, the idea behind the payment system on his site was that if for whatever reason the target wasnt reached, then the money would be refunded back.

However, if we are giving PAID rides, then i think it would be considered differently, as then people would be getting something in return for the outlay.

That was a point I was trying to put across, sorry if it didnt come across correctly.

Max, you have more experiance in this than me, so I am quite happy for you to coordinate this with me. I know you and Jerry are good friends of Paul too !

George

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Understand perfectly George and that sound like a great idea - maybe when money is pledged via www.racethemg.com a note can be added that says as part of the XPF sponsorship?

In that way it's a win win alround.

Lets see how many pledges we get from the Forum! I'm sure that more is forthcoming.

Consequently, anyone making a pledge could add their name here and we can see how many from XPF have donated.

• Max - £50
  • Dave V6 - £50
  • TimmR_ZS180 - £50
  • real time - £100

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
I think thats a great idea.

I will update this as soon as I have heard from Brian regarding the charity event.

I know Paul had a very big queue for the ZT 520 last year, so with Daves turbo ZS and the Supercharged zs and M5, there should be enough fun in them few cars to tempt peeps. I will however add, that we may just have to have the rides as a what seats available, as it could end up with the zt having the biggest queue and the other sponsored cars just waiting around.

Again, this is something we will need to sort out with Brian and the MGCC.

George

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
* Max - £50
* Dave V6 - £50
* TimmR_ZS180 - £50
* real time - £100
* Dave-MGT -£50

( can make it £50 in a month or so. Have had a expensive one recently...:) )

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
It will be at Castle Combe.

G
I will be there. Last year was good fun even thought it was freezing.
This years starting to looking even better.

I think it might be a good idea to link this over to themgzs/zr forum.

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts
what a crock of cr4p.
the thread was binned because it was total crap with no other goal but to cause trouble, and then when you made yourselves look like idiots it was deleted ,after i had requested it so.

your sig is a foolish dig that you were sad enough to go looking for from an old thread because you were sulking and embaresed that your thread was deleted, pretty sad to go looking for that really, something id expect from a school child and imo, no ones laughing outside of your 4 walls...unless theyre laughing at your immaturity.
Maybe a responsible mod could clean this thread up.
Please if you want to continue the drivvle then take it to p.m to save max's thread.
Christina's comments were correct. The thread was removed by the Admin because of your comments and your behaviour.

She also responded by PM to you regarding the post quoted above and informing you that she had seen why the said threads were removed.

Alas you did not reply.

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 · (Edited)
Trying to keep the thread on track. :)

Guys can we draw a line under this business outlined in post 38?

Pledges now standing at £300!

Brian can we donate and say its via XPF, if so I'll get mine off to you in the next 24 hours?

• Max - £50
  • Dave V6 - £50
  • TimmR_ZS180 - £50
  • real time - £100
  • Dave-MGT -£50

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Max, why dont you just send it via Pauls site and add a note saying its from you/xpf?

Like you have originally posted if a list of the donating people is kept, Im sure Paul will come along and say thank you on here to those who have donated.

George

21 - 40 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.