MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Is there any mileage in trying to sponsor Paul Luti's MG ZS by the Forum?

In years gone by XPF sponsored WSR and KWR?

• We raised £5000 and a further £5000 by raffling a TF.
  • Plus items of WSR body work were raffled off and made even more money!
Now that the Forum is twice the size since this was done - could this figure be doubled? Maybe not - but possible equalled.

Plus I'm sure MG may provide a discount car like they did in the past to raffle. No harm in asking!

What do you think?

• It's a real way of helping Paul, putting MG on the race map again and of course great publicity for this Forum.

It's just an idea - unsure if anyone here wants to coordinate it?

Update - pledges for Dreadnought Racings MG ZS:

Max - £50 :D
Dave V6 - £50 :D
TimmR_ZS180 - £50 :D
Charger - charity event
real time - £100 :D

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Its a great Idea max, but to be honest, hardly anyone off here supports him now.

I can remember the old x power days where events were well attended.

I travel to all Pauls races, and help in anyway I can, but it just seems that people dont like driving all over, which is a shame.

Alan and I went to Dreadnought for a few days, as Alan had never been before.

He commented on how committed the Dreadnought team are as they have a lot of traveling to do before they even get to there race meeting and get things ready for it.

I really do believe that the MG profile needs a big boost in MOTORSPORT, and that Luti is the one to move it forward, hes very dedicated, and is a very loyal brand man indeed.

Im going to chat with both Brian and Paul to see what could be done to put the fun back in the forum and get some genuine interest in this whole touring car program they are trying to get going again.

George

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
top thread, charity day in oct, maybe something could be done there.
lets get mg excited and moving again, i will support, dunno what personally i could do but i have an unusual zs that always raises some interest at events if i can help that way

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Well theres a charity day in October.

I will speak to Brian about some ideas to try and raise some money for Pauls cause which could be some rides in the ZT 520, VAG ZS 300, SUPERCHARGED ZS and M5 550.

Obviously these are quite rare cars and all very very quick and a chance for forum members to see them in action and also get a passenger ride in them.

George

·
R.I.P [The Red Zed] MG ZS 180
19,410 Posts

Now that the Forum is twice the size since this was done - could this figure be doubled? Maybe not - but possible equalled.

Plus I'm sure MG may provide a discount car like they did in the past to raffle. No harm in asking!

What do you think?

• It's a real way of helping Paul, putting MG on the race map again and of course great publicity for this Forum.

It's just an idea - unsure if anyone here wants to coordinate it?
Feel free to co-ordinate whatever you think may help.

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts

That's a lot to ask considering the current financial climate.

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Paul - we can't coordinate anything on XPF (you know that more than anyone).

First request please make "STICKY"

--------

Christina - that maybe very true. Read the 1st post; nothing was asked for only ideas?

Ideas and opinions in how we can help Paul.

If people such as yourself can't contribute then that's perfectly understandable. It's tough for everyone out there - hence the request for ideas to help Paul Luti and not necessarily cash.

Also, the guys above have intimated that this Forum is no longer orientated in supporting MG motorsport as it once was!

Dave and George have mentioned an alternative way to help.

Jerry has an idea too.

Over to you guys.........

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
thats what your up against max, even some mods dont want to bother, basically cause theyre sulking their thread was deleted , hence christinas infantile signature.
Pathetic behaviour.
That thread was binned because of your behaviour.

And what has my signature got to do with you?

It's you who's getting laughed at.:crackup

·
Lady Driver
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
This is a very positive way forward - I want to keep this thread focused and helpful for www.racethemg.com

• Max - £50 :D
  • Dave V6 - £50 :D
  • TimmR_ZS180 - £50 :D
  • Charger - ??

NB: Mods please note.......in the past this Forum proudly sported a Forum url on the WSR & KWR racers. Check the gallery.

Here's your chance in 2010. :D :D

·
Premium Member
7,145 Posts
Your spamming and ruining Max's thread.

·
Front wheels steer, rear wheels drive.
12,325 Posts
Max - £50 :biggrin:
Dave V6 - £50 and rides at the charity day :biggrin:
TimmR_ZS180 - £50 :biggrin:
Charger - rides at the charity day :biggrin:
real time-£100 :biggrin:
:beerchug
250 quid easy as that, big things can be achieved when many people get involved.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.