MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
If I was in the market the 1.8i would be on the bottom of my 75 list! I would think it is an edequate car, but slightly underpowered (I can't really judge as I've never driven one). I guess the answer is to test drive the range. Or even dare I say it, drive its competitors too! Have an open mind and buy what best suits.

If economy is what you are after then it must be the CDT!

For me the 75/ZT range starts at the V6 models - then I would look at the *** 3 & 5 - Audi A4 - MB C-class - Volvo 60. Then hopefully you are back to the 75/ZT! :)

However, you haven't mentioned budget or requirements.

·
True Brit
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XPower Admin! said:
If I was in the market the 1.8i would be on the bottom of my 75 list! I would think it is an edequate car, but slightly underpowered (I can't really judge as I've never driven one). I guess the answer is to test drive the range. Or even dare I say it, drive its competitors too! Have an open mind and buy what best suits.

If economy is what you are after then it must be the CDT!

For me the 75/ZT range starts at the V6 models - then I would look at the *** 3 & 5 - Audi A4 - MB C-class - Volvo 60. Then hopefully you are back to the 75/ZT! :)

However, you haven't mentioned budget or requirements.
I'm basically a patriotic fool. so the idea of going elsewhere is not an option, though I have a bit of a weakness for the Impreza Turbo and 156 V6 Alfa

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I have driven the 1800 75's.

Whilst they are better than I thought they would be, they are underpowered and get a little noisy if going uphill/engine revs above 3500RPM.

However, the engine has good torque, so for normal driving is O.K. and would probably be comparable to the 620 auto.

I personally would go for a 2.0 or 2.5 as they are nicer to drive, 6 pot smooth and are not always labouring, which is better for the engine.

Matt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts