MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone on here plays WOW. If so I have characers on the vek'nilash eu server. If there are enough others we could setup an XPF guild?

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
I think your hoping mate, too many old timers on here. I've never played WoW myself but I know some people spend far too much time on it than is healthy. I'll stick with xbox live personally :D

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Worth a mention I thought, just incase. Quite happy for any closet WoW gamers to PM me though LOL.

At 31 I guess I'm probably one of the older players of the game, not to the extent that its unhealthy mind, usually a couple of hours twice a week when the other half is on call :)

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
Played WOW on a free trial for a week, got to level 20 odd. I love gaming but whats the point of this game? It just goes on forever with no end and it keeps expanding.

You play warcraft 3 online? Love that CC style multiplayer game even 10 years on it stll draws me back.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A bit of escapism I suppose. I see it as like reading a book, I like to follow the stories of the quests etc and just look at it as an ongoing storyline. I tend to play on and off, leave it for a month or so and then get back into it. Not the sort of game you just play complete and then move on from though.

I've not tried any of the earlier warcrafts.

·
Registered nUber
2,259 Posts
I see what you mean about escapisim, but its just to me its same thing over and over exept you have more experience each time and the bad guys get a little harder. In my uni days I would have loved it but now I need somthing with a pick up put down kinda vibe, games like that draw you in for hours at a time.

Try Warcraft 3 and the expansion Frozen Throne. Great fun online 1vs1 2vs2 and 3vs3 gametypes available with choice of 4 races, humans, undead, orks and night elves. I picked up a copy about 4 months ago from that famous auction site for 3 quid boxed with instructions. Had well over my moneys and some. If you wanted you can install and sell it as it 100% on your hard drive.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Never played WOW but played frozen throne alot, great game and I still play occasionally. Eventually I got into starcraft then played Koreans at starcraft and then came to a buddha like realisation that I couldnt be bothered with MMORPG's sorry, the Koreans destroyed my gaming Seoul :whistle:

·
Its a V8 user thing...
2,122 Posts
I'm coming out then. At 50 does that make me the oldest WOW bod. ;) Have too many characters on there and have let the game go as too busy doing other stuff.

A bit of escapism I suppose. I see it as like reading a book, I like to follow the stories of the quests etc and just look at it as an ongoing storyline. I tend to play on and off, leave it for a month or so and then get back into it. Not the sort of game you just play complete and then move on from though.

I've not tried any of the earlier warcrafts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts