MG & Rover - XPower Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently moved house and the new area isn't quite as nice as my previous address so I decided to lease a garage.

On the first attempt of queezing my precious ZR into the garage I scratched my drivers side wing mirror. It scratched all the way thru to paint work to the black plastic... DOH!

Don't think a touch up stick will do the job so looks like new wing mirror is in order.

·
Registered
214 Posts
i wouldnt bother ordering one if i was you mate, id see about getting it repaired. ive been waiting for a new interior door panel
since i first picked up my zr and that wuz a month ago. the sales gimp i delt with told me that the're avin alot of trouble ordering parts ,theve got people waiting months for stuff to turn up! he is a sales man though and as we all know the're totally incapable of telling the truth!:(

·
Registered
73 Posts
i had a wing mirror kicked off my ZR by some little tosser which left scratches all the way though the paint on the mirror colour insert. You will probably find that your dealer will find a new insert to clip onto the mirror, which should make the cost slightly less painfull:p

·
The Cleaner (aka jon)
986 Posts
Thats some bad luck, i hope you can get it repaired :(

Oliver, i hope you found the **** that did that and kicked one of his ears of in return, its amazing what jelous people do :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

G

·
Mirror Hell

You are not alone.

My ZS drivers mirror was wrenched off in december, a month after I bought it. It was a nightmare driving without it.

A month ago some oik put his jealous boot into the rear panel and passenger door. The passenger mirror is servicable but rocked forward and back instead of the steadfast design.

It took two weeks to get two replacement mirrors due to the parts shortage. I decided to change the shells [coloured backs] to be red so that they would compliment the interior colour scheme and allow me to livery my antracite toy like the WSR racers.

Look out for some red and anthracite pictures of my ZS next week.

Mostyn ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have ordered the touch up stick but it seems there is a shortage....... No change there..... So I have it on back order.

Didn't realise that you could get an outer shell for the wing mirror so I may give this a try if the touch up stick is rubbish.

Cheers all......

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ended up buying the outer shell for wing mirror... Cost was £238

Oh yeah forgot to mention £212 of that was for new side skirts.... I couldn't resist the temptation to modify!

18"s and induction kit all on the way also.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had the passengers side door mirror replaced a few weeks ago - misjudged something and cracked the shell, broke the glass and generally messed it up.

All sorted now, not cheap but a good job by my dealer.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds a bit more expensive than my scratch!.... Just trying figure out how to take the shell off the wing mirror at the moment.... not having much luck as usual!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Dont know if they are the same but u can get the chrome finish mirror backs on the web (although they are advertised as rover 25 for £38.75 each.

also i picked a brochure up from my MGR dealer with them in but gettin them from MGR may b a bit harder then gettin the brochure me thinks!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts